What Happens If The Offense Does Improve But The Defense Falters Again This Season?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

The thinking this year is this team is finally improved enough that we should have a decent chance of making the postseason if things go right.There has been talk about if Jake Locker doesn't improve that they could let Munchak and Locker loose and go in a different direction.However i've been wondering what would happen if Jake Locker and the offense looked good but the defense played just like last season and the team ended up 8-8 mainly due to a terrible defense.

Would Munchak get some sort of reprieve or would ownership just fire most of the defensive coaching staff? I know we brought in Gregg Williams to help out with things but who is to say he wouldn't let Gray and the defense suck again or even Munchak too so he could be next in line for the coordinator or head coaching job?

Hopefully the defense does improve but the run defense does look like its still having issues.

2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

then we will be better than 6-10

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

... then we will miss the playoffs and basically everyone should be fired.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

If our offense improves and the defense fails fire Munchek and Grey and hire Lovie Smith to be our next head coach. If he is smart then maybe he will keep Loggains and most of the offensive staff in place.

5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

If that happens...Say goodbye to Munchak, and JG had better go with him. This defense still scares me, but the offense and Locker look a bit better. Now if only our wideouts could catch the ball.....

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

If that happens, Munchak will have that nonchalant look on his face in the bread line.

7. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

I honestly think Munch would be much happier being an O-line coach again. I know I would be, he really doesn't look like he's enjoying the HC gig.

8. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I get that same impression.I think had it been up to him he would've been perfectly content coaching the offensive line.

9. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I do think with our offensive line and run game Locker and the offense will be much better this season.The key to us having a winning year in my opinion will be in how well the defense plays.The bend and broke defense that Gray trotted out there last year won't be acceptable this season.Hopefully Gregg Williams will have a big hand in turning things around on that side of the ball.

10. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

got to stop the run period and we are not doing that against anybody not to mention that our pass defense was awful last year

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar