What happens when we take Ansah @ 10?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Clark, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Man what a poor year to need a QB. Chiefs were smart to grab Smith with this below average class. Now they can concentrate on other holes and wait for next year. If I'm a GM I'd stay put and grab Nassib or Bray in round 2-3 I don't like any of the others.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

So you take a G @ 10?

That would be the first time in a long minute it's happened. There is always serviceable OL in the second. Much like last year, we will take whoever we view as a dynamic player.

3. Clark

Nassib is rough. Bray in the 3rd could pan out tho

4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

It's all good I understood the main gist of what you were getting at. I know every year is an important draft but for everyone on this staff they know they have to hit a homerun cause their jobs are on the line. I'm hoping for the best preparing for the worst. I'll be happy to be proven wrong by Munch or I'll be happy to see him go, thats my happy medium this season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I like what I saw out of him in college. Bray has better tools than anyone in the draft if only he could grow up. I wish we would pull the trigger in the 3rd. High reward and not a huge risk but Munch has all his eggs in one basket and won't use a pick on a QB he may never see play.

6. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Not so much that we should take a certain person or position at 10, but that pick needs to help this team a lot next year and definitely should not be a rotation guy imo. A guy like Ansah is just too big of a boom or bust pick for me to get excited about it. now if we draft him and he is kearse 2.0, then yes Ill be happy to have him.

However, we have so many needs, I just dont like the idea of going with that type of pick. I know every pick in the draft is a gamble but Id rather go after someone who has been productive for a few years in college at the very least, and not someone who got 4.5 sacks in one year that he played.

The only real position I am against taking is QB this year. (and obviously FB/Punter/Kicker/RB) with our first round pick. I can live with just about anything else, but missing out on this pick would hurt this team tremendously.

7. Clark

Biggest needs to me are OL, CB, DT (1 tech) DE. S

That big DT isn't in this draft in the first round. The corners are going to be in a bad position for us to draft. Milliner goes before us.
    OL can be gotten beyond 10. To me it leaves the safety pick and the DE. I don't see this team with huge holes. I see a team that needs a certain few situational needs. True #1 CB. (Probably wont happen in this draft) large 1 tech DT (again a problem with this second tier bunch of prospects). Box safety (forget it, we are stuck with griffin and we just signed a Vet). OG ... A top ten pick on a position that normally peaks in the high teens??? That's drafting for need. DE, we need rotation...

None of these areas are suited well for us in this draft. We will either go really conservative and basically waste a top 10 selection on a guard (I say waste ONLY because those top picks are supposed to be dynamic game changers for a team, LT, QB, DE, CB) or go a little crazy and spend the pick on a high upside guy with no guarantee. I really don't like either option personally. I'm not sold on any top pick in this draft.

8. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

floyd, elam, vacarro, chance, b. jones, and milliner filll your criteria, and jarvis jones

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Wow that was both really insightful and extremely depressing. All of that felt true to me. Although that box safety might not be so elusive this year. Matt Elam can be had a 39 and Shamarko Thomas will be available even later.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

He'll get killed because they won't have anyone to block for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar