What I think they're thinking

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
    What I think they're thinking in the four AFC South team headquarters this morning...
    Houston Texans
    Is it time to change quarterbacks? We're still in range of second place in this division if we can find our footing. But at Jacksonville and against Indianapolis, we've got to give ourselves our best chance. Does it come with Matt Schaub under center? With a 50.3 passer rating that ranks almost 15 points behind Minnesota's benched Tarvaris Jackson, it's hard to make the case for him over Sage Rosenfels.
    If we can just split these next two, things will get a lot easier with home games against Miami, Detroit and Cincinnati. We could sweep those and be 4-2. But we've got to ensure ourselves the best chance against these two division foes first.
    Indianapolis Colts
    How can we stop the run better? We can win while giving up running yards, but not like this. There is no savior out there who will come to the rescue. We've got to tackle better, and that will be a huge theme during the bye week.
    The only way this works right now is if the offensive line can hold things together and we can allow Peyton Manning to get the ball to Reggie Wayne, Anthony Gonzalez, Dallas Clark and Marvin Harrison to win slugfests. Can we get them all on the field together or do we need to sacrifice one for a blocking tight end, Gijon Robinson, to help the line?
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Can we get some big plays out of the receivers? Matt Jones has made some clutch catches, but his 10.8-yard average is among the lowest on the AFC receiving yardage leader board, less than Maurice Jones-Drew's 11.0. Reggie Williams has only seven catches and he's got a 9.1-yard average.
    Maybe Jerry Porter can give us a boost once he's on the field. Our objective is to run it and wear people down, but winning the way we did in Indianapolis is awfully difficult. We need at least a couple big plays splashed around a game to alleviate the pressure and to back people off.
    Tennessee Titans
    There is sooooo much season left, we can't get overly excited about being 3-0 with a two-game lead in the division. But if we take care of business, we should be in position to be chased instead of chasing for the first time in a long time.
    We've got to do better against Adrian Peterson than we did against Steve Slaton in the first half yesterday. But with the Vikings at home, a game at Baltimore, a bye and a game at Kansas City, we should be 6-0, 5-1 at worst, when the Monday Night Football crew comes to Music City for our Oct. 27 game against the Colts.

More...

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

There is sooooo much season left, we can't get overly excited about being 3-0 with a two-game lead in the division. But if we take care of business, we should be in position to be chased instead of chasing for the first time in a long time.

Exactly.

3. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

But I think this is the best team we've had.

But you always have to play one game at a time. I was really worried about the Houston game. We always seem to play down to our opponent. Which I think a lot of that is our scheme and play calling. Just like yesterday. The offense only scored 3 the second half. It was like ok we have a lead and we're going to sit on it and hope we don't need more points.

But I think the defense is the worst at letting up at the end of games. We're so scared of the big play we let people go up and down the field and control the ball the second half of games.

But still our weakest link is punt coverage’s.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

man 5 - 1 / 6 - 0 is making me salivate.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

What? On a Jeff Fisher coached team?

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

For some reason we stop and hold all the really good RB's (MJD, Taylor, Addai, LT) but we let RB's like Slaton and Dayne run over us. Kind of weird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar