What if, hypothetically.......

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Jwill1919, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If you are talking about size, I will always prefer to have a Derrick Mason in my team than a Calico, size is not everything in this game, it helps but is not everything, If you have talent, courage, heart and balls you can play football.

There are comments in this thread about size, and the best receivers right now in football are Santana Moss and Steve Smith both below 6 feet.

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Give me a short football player over a tall athlete any day.

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I think we've all agreed that we would rather have a football player than a prototypical player. that's good.

We have also deviated from the main topic of this thread, what should we do if those 4 players were available at our 2nd pick and should we take them or reach for need at other positions?

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

If Hali was on the board that late, we would grab him in an instant I would hope.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

height shouldn't matter at WR.. i.e. Steve Smith is 5'9'' and had to be triple covered in order to be stopped.. however, i def. believe that if hali was around in the 2nd round we should take him over moss... i think def. is more of a concern.. but then again i'm an Idiot

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

ok, back on topic

all 4 are projected 1st Rounders
    if one happens to fall to us then they are worth a look
    especially Kiwi .... but he should be WAY gone

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

with our second, i'd like to see Ko Simpson or Darnell Bing

we need to be thinking Safety Day 1

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Bobby Carpenter would also be a good look round 2

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

So, you are saying reach for need as opposed to taking a higher ranked player?

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

no

Ko Simpson
    Darnell Bing
    Bobby Carpenter

would not be "reaches"

but I see no need in taking a WR there
    I like the crop we came up with last year

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar