What if, hypothetically.......

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Jwill1919, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

of carpenter, bing, simpson and kiwi, give me carpenter. kiwi was terrible in the senior bowl practices. he's always hurt too. im a little worried about bings ability to cover. i havent seen much of simpson, so i can't comment on him.

i think carpenter would be a great addition on the strong side. he would give us a the ability to rush from the strong side we dont get with sirmon.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

So here's my 2nd round list of possibles/hopefuls:

D'Qwell Jackson
    Max Jean Gilles
    Abdul Hodge
    Darnell Bing
    Jon Scott
    Marcus McNeill
    Lawrence Maroney
    Chad Jackson
    Kai Parham
    Antonio Cromartie
    Darryn Colledge
    Sinorice Moss

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

nice list

Maroney and Moss were part of this thread's directive
    I think they'll be gone

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

of that list GLinks, I'd go after McNeill and Jean-Gilles first. Then Hodge and DQ Jackson. Given that Moss and Maroney are gone, if Maroney's there, I find a way to get at least a 3rd for Chris Brown.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

mcneill scares me. he has back problems. i would stay away from anyone at 330 with back problems.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think McNeill and Gilles would be asked to lose some weight for their health.

The more I think about it, Moss could pop out of the first because of his height. Roscoe Parrish, anyone, the U. Yeah, and I doubt Maroney makes it out of the first. Pittsburgh and the Colts down there, though I see Pitt trying to get up for LenDale White, and I said I think the Colts could go RB, but it depends on James. In any event, we'd probably have to trade up in the second for Maroney.

But take those two out, I'm pretty satisfied with everyone on that list. McNeill is a likely first, but as bigtitan53279 said, his back...could actually make him fall to the second. I'd have to take him there. Maaayybe give Hopkins one more year, work on McNeill's weight reduction, speed, overall health.

I kind of hope Abdul Hodge is there, or D'Qwell. I almost wish Ryans unimpressive workout #s made him drop, but I doubt it.

7. Ragevsuall

Ragevsuall Guest

I doubt those guys are there in the second as well... but I don't think its completely unrealistic. Nextlevelscouting.com did a post Senior Bowl week synopsis and had these following players with their draft round potential:

Mathias Kiwanuka, 1st-2nd

Tamba Hali, Penn State, 2nd

(No Maroney since he didn't play)

Look at these tackles and where they're projecting them:

Eric Winston, Miami, 2nd

Jonathan Scott, Texas, 2nd

Daryn Colledge, Boise State, 3rd

Marcus McNeill, Auburn, 3rd-4th

Jeremy Trueblood, Boston College, 3rd-4th

Ryan O’Callaghan, California, 4th

http://www.nextlevelscoutinginc.com...=1&PHPSESSID=b76ee4755191f29ab1f425ac4dc7f4f3

8. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

Personally, out of those, give me D'Qwell. Kid's got all the leadership/IQ/intensity you need in a stud MLB. If there's one thing our young D can use, it's a field general, and D'Qwell has that quality written all over him.

Antonio Cromartie is the most interesting of the group. While we don't have an urgent need for a corner, this guy is going to be AMAZING. If he checks out healthy, you're getting a 6'3 corner who is reported to run in the 4.3s. Not to mention he benched 225 25 times!! If he wasn't injured this past year, he would EASILY be the top ranked DB in this draft and would more than likely go top 5-10. As it is now, he could land anywhere from mid 1st-early 2nd, depending if a team wants to take a chance on him. Workouts will be critical...Scott Wright told us the other day that he talked to Cromarties agent, and he said that he clocked a 4.29 and 4.31 forty time on grass. That is completely INSANE for a guy his size, even if they are off by a little. Fact is, if healthy, he's a very rare type of player, but now it will all depend on who wants to take a shot on him recovering from his ACL.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

The main reason I was asking this was because I wanted to get a feel for how everyone felt about those 4 players speaking in generalities. To guage where or if we would be willing to take these players where we see them as not likely to be there, before the individual workouts begin and some no-names begin to shoot up the board because of spectacular workouts, and not spectacular play(i.e. Fabian Washington last year). After all of the individual workouts, some of these guys will definitely be there, not because they fell, but because teams were willing to take the big gamble on "hot" players with great workouts.

I agree with you all, that as of NOW, none of these guys should be available in the 2nd with the exception of maybe Moss. But as far as when the draft rolls around, I think we will all be pleasantly surprised at how much our opinions have differed based on "paper" workouts, and forgetting about their actual play on the field.

10. PragIdealist

PragIdealist Guest

I kind of hope moss is there and we can get him. I know there are a lot of other needs and that we have some solid young recievers, but none of those recievers have the explosive playmaking abilities that Moss has. This is not at all a diss on last year's rookies. I like how this kid could fit in with those guys.

This may not be the smartest choice and I may be being unduly influenced by the kid's potential and Senior Bowl performance, but having that kid along with the others we already have, a new top qb, and norm chow. That excites me for the future of our offense.

I know everyone wants an upgrade at saftey and lbs and I can see that need too. But I dont know of any lbs or safties that may be there at round 2 that have the potential that Moss has (respectively). I would hate to pass on a Mason to get another Woolfolk, even if that is a stronger need.

:))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar