What if we picked up Adalius Thomas and turned him into a pure DE

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eberry, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

Would it work? Would he go for it? Would it be a waste of his other talents or would it be a perfect fit?

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

He's a better LB IMO. I question his ability to be an every-down DE/his ability to hold up against the run at that spot.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

The consideration I have is to work him into the DE rotation, and use him as a run-stopping MLB as well. That guy can sure clog the middle. It would solve two issues. I just don't know if it would work.

4. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

I think he only thrives at his next stop (if non 3-4) at a solidified position. Just wondering if that could be as a DE (given that there won't be any big time DE's for us out there [from what I remember])

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Lots of issues...

Could it work? Yes. But it WON'T work with JS as the DC.

And really, if the Titans want him, he'll probably want to be paid a ton of money and they're not gonna pay a ton of money for a MLB. JS would make him a fulltime DE.

The other thing is, how effective would he be mixing the roles in this type of D? Probably not as good as we'd like. For one thing, he'd be doing a lot of banging with OG's as a MLB. Getting beat up and expending a lot of energy fighting off a lot of blocks will not improve his performance as a RDE. Of course he also wouldn't be rushing the passer on 1st and 10's either vs a base set...which would diminish our gains from his pass rushing ability.

If we can, we should sign Freeney. He's the best pass rusher in the league who MIGHT be available and no worse than top 3 at rushing the passer IMO.

Gut

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

his talents would be wasted here. he would thrive with a DC who finds a way to create mismatches with spectacular athletes such as thomas.

schwartz's best way of creating a mismatch with kearse was "will he line up at left or right end? oh! the offense wont know what hit'em!"

7. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

the Schwartz bashing is getting redicolous- he has become the scapegoat among Titans fans, but in actuallty Schwartz has been pretty good during our late season magic, give him a new FS, DE, CB, and MLB and we would be fine- we just don't have the talent...

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we added talent last off-season, and we got worse...

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

10. zackmann

zackmann Guest

when the defense is ranked last statistically, the bashing is justified...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar