What if we win big this week?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

If Matt Hasselback tears it up and we wind up blowing them out, do we continue to start hasselback the rest of the season even when Locker is healthy?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea roll with the hot hand. Locker could use an extra week of rest anyways. Wont be long til Hass is hurt and Locker can come save the day.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

and if we lose.. do we play RUSTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! :banjump:

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

No pmar. No.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'd normally agree with Bravey to "roll with the hot hand". But I just don't think you can do that to your 1st round QB his first year as a starter. It would send a pretty real bad message IMO. Plus Jake hasn't done anything to lose the job besides get injured.

It's a moot point anyway because Hasselbeck isn't going to "tear it up". He is who he is. He's a slightly above-average QB who can on any given Sunday be pretty bad or pretty good. He might throw 3 TDs. He might throw 3 INTs.

I'm a Hasselbeck fan. I'm glad he's on the team. But there's not enough upside to him to warrant burning our supposed "Franchise QB" like that.

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Say he throws for 400 yards and 4 tds?!?!?

7. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

i expected something positive from the thread... but then i saw who the creator was and knew this was going to be knock on Locker somehow >.>

8. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

I say Hass gets 2 starts minimum. If Locker can't go Sunday, then he can't go on a short week vs Steeler's D with Troy and harrison getting healthy. After that, Locker starts when he is healthy enough for a full week of practice or can do 25 left-arm-only pullups, which ever comes first.

9. pobo90

pobo90 LP Field Custodian

either way.... its nice to have the luxury of a solid back up QB, whether its Locker or Hass

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

He won't. But saying he did, it'd be enough to maybe keep Locker on the bench another week or so "to heal". But you're original question was would we roll with Hasselbeck for the remainder of the season despite a healthy Locker. And to that, I say it's a definite no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar