What if......

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carpy, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

The Raiders don't take a QB? There may be a number of decent starting caliber QBs available for the Raiders (or the Lions) to go after that wouldn't require them to draft a QB at the top of rd 1. i.e. if the Raiders traded Porter or Moss for Schaub or Plummer or even Leftwich.

The Saints trading for Brees last offseason is an excellent example that the Raiders may want to follow.

All mocks I have seen have the 2 big QBs going 1-2. If one of those teams decides against a QB, where does the 2nd QB drop to? Tampa just re-extended Simms? Cleveland might give Frey another chance? or is it down to Miami or Houston.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Houston will probaly get Peterson, Miami will probaly get one in the 2nd, the Raiders well they need to do something right.

3. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

very possible.........Al Davis is loathe to take QB high............last one was Marinovich in 91...............before that it was never I believe.............He has never believed using high picks on a QB...........but he has drafted a PK and P very high.............go figure.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I hate the Raiders. I wish the Earth would open up and swallow that city whole.

Yes, I've been there.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I hate the raiders too.

6. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

In 1968 Davis took Eldridge Dickey of Tennessee State (it was called Tennessee A&I then) in the first round and Stabler in the second. Dickey didn't work out at QB, was moved to WR, and didn't make it there either. Stabler was the #3 QB behind Lamonica and Blanda before winning the starting job a few years later.

In 1980 Davis drafted Marc Wilson of BYU in the first round. He was their leading passer four times in eight years. So was Plunkett, who QBed them to their Super Bowl wins in 1980 and 1983.

And as you pointed out, he took Marinovich in 1991.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar