What is an acceptable 2016-2017 Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SanDiegoTitan, Mar 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SanDiegoTitan

SanDiegoTitan Starter

I was thinking, before FA and the Draft, about what I would be okay with as the overall record and performance of the Tennessee Titans next year. The reason why I want to start this before major FA and Draft is so that our expectations are not skewed.

Jon Robinson should certainly add more talent. Mariota will have another year. The defense should be better, healthier and faster as well.

I would be okay with 7-9 / 8-8. Anything less and I'll be disappointed.

I expect 8-8 / 9-7 with 2nd place in the AFCS.

I would be thrilled with 10-6 or better, a first place finish and a playoff birth.

• LOL LOL x 2
  2. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I am expecting something like 4 - 12.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

6 wins is the minimum IMO. With the correct FA and draft I'd expect more.

3rd year in the 3-4 - first full season under LeBeau's full direction should play dividends. Just get the O-line up to par so we can sustain drives and keep the Defense's work load lighter.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

1-15. First overall pick in 2017. And a real new head coach.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I will be seriously disappointed with anything less than 7 wins. Our division is not good. So if Mularkey truly isn't as terrible as we all think he is, then there's no reason we shouldn't be able to come away with at least 3 wins within the division.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

IDC how many games in total we win, I just want to see us string together consecutive wins. We'll never be a playoff team until we can beat 2 teams in a row. Dont think we've done that since 2013..

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

After so many years in the gutter I think we should have our sights set higher than just winning two games in a row.

8. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I'm expecting 6-8 wins. If not Mularkey has got to go.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. rekirts

rekirts Starter

#1 overall instant impact on the field. Mariota taking the next step. An identity on offense. A leader emerge on defense.

Don't really care about the win # if we can check those 4 boxes.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

maybe but lets start small. Gonna be hard to get 8 or 9 wins and win the AFCS if we cant even win 2 in a row

if they come out and get the annual week-1 win then go for another week-2 I will think 8 or 9 wins is possible

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar