What is Jaworski's Deal?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by skitch, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

Me too!

I mean, he's done NOTHING to receive such a critical raping from a member of the media! He's coming along fine, imo.

Another thing Hoge said ... he said that VINCE will never read defenses :eek: , & is NOT a runner like Vick, & that people for some reason think Vince has that talent. Says he will amount to nothing.

Yeah, & like I said, Hoge said that if we didn't have so much money & pressure tied into this, that we'd be better off GETTING RID OF Young, & not frikken Volek! :lol:

Hoge was such a tool about it. I never disliked him before, never cared .. but NOW I HATE, yes HATE, him!

I mean, the guy is a effing ROOKIE!

Vince must have eaten his children. :sad2:

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

No question he's ahead of Mac.

He sat on the bench for two years and came from Division AA.

3. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

RJ sees things that most fans do not look for. He knows what he is talking about, especiaally when it comes to QB play. Titans fans may not like what they here, but VY is not ready in terms of the "textbook" NFL QB. He has a lot of athleticism but he is not ready to make the reads he will need to make in facing the schemes teams will be throwing out there beginning this weekend.

4. mitnibobo

mitnibobo Guest

it comes down to this: if jaws or hoge were so brilliant, they'd be working in an nfl front office, instead of criticizing the guys who actually do work in nfl front offices. the last i heard, the titans' scouts weren't the only ones who thought vince was worth the pick...

5. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Why work in an NFL front office when you can make a lot more money in the booth and are able to play as much golf as you want to? Jaworksi has a lot more money than most NFL GMs.

6. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

The fact that you gave Jaworski credability discredits your post. This will be the same Jaworski who will be saying later that VY has really improved and now he has his blessing(sucking up). These analysts always eat their words.

It's amazing how many times people try to fit a square into a round hole. The Titans FO drafted VY because they said he could redefine the position. They didn't draft him to be a "textbook" QB. And another thing, does every QB make all the right "reads" on every play. NO! People are so critical of rookies when they make an overthrow, underthrow, interception, and bad decisions. But guess what. There is not a starting QB in the league that doesn't do the same thing.

There was nothing that justified Jaworski's little rant. Funny last year when Eli started he got a pass for every bad throw or mistake. The "he's a rookie" pass. So, why is VY not getting the same treatment. Jaworski and Hoge are not experts at judging if a QB will make it. The sad part is Sports Center is giving idiots like this a voice so more idiots will jump on board.

I REALLY can't wait to hear what they have to say when VY shows out.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If Jaws was an expert he'd back up what he was saying with proof. Which from what I hear he didn't do.

8. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

I see a lot of emotion in these posts.

Now step back and remember what Jaworski does for a living.

Hes a member of the media.....and what is his job?

Why, his job is to create interest and improve the raatings of his show. You can create interest in a lot of ways. One of the ways is to stir the pot. Another is to give his opinion-straight up. No one says he can't change his mind, becaue he is in the media and it is his show. He can say what he pleases.

In this case, Jaworski is right. Like it or not, VY is not ready to start and be successful in the NFL. If he were to start every game this season, he will get his butt handed to him 3-4 times a game by some of the schemes used by NFL defensive coordinators.

Discredit me all you wnat. That does not bother me. I did my time playing football at the collegiate level. I am very confident in my assessment of talentt and what is going on. Add to that fact that two of my brothers played with NFL teams, they have shared some things about the NFL process with me that the average fan would never think about.:football:

9. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

Jaworski is one thing ... I can't really comment on him because I'm still festering about Hoge. Does HOGE have the credentials to say that Vince Young shouldn't have even been DRAFTED!?

Should we cut him, as he implored?

These guys are all screwballs. Stupid critics. If Hoge touched a girl in the ESPN newsroom, he'd be s-canned too, just like Harold Reynolds. Never to be heard from again.

On to the next flunky it would be. Maybe Trent Dilfer.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

The question isn't whether he's ready to start in the NFL at this moment, we all know he's not. But you have to be blind or drunk on hatorade to not see that Vince Young has improved (and a lot, imo) in the time he's been here. It's the "no improvement" comment that's totally out in the woods.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar