What is Jaworski's Deal?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by skitch, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slipjack

Slipjack Guest

I've watched Young in all four games. I'm not anti or pro Young at this point. I wanted Cutler and I'm not a Vandy homer. Young has improved but he still rolls out to the right when pressured instead of stepping up in the pocket. He has done this in all four games on 5 and 7 step drops.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Cunningham, Young, Tarkenton, Douglass ect..

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

GoT...

Cunningham yes but he was a freak for his time. Mcnair-mcnabb-culpepper are all contemporaries and proved they can win games with their arms.

I don't think you understood my point. My point is that those guys and cunningham as well proved that an athletic black QB can also win games with his arm and be good all around, lead their teams to playoff wins, super bowls and go to pro bowls... Not just run well.

Tarkington and douglas are not good examples. Tarkington was a scrambler more than a runner and douglas flat out sucked. Had douglas been black he would have been the poster child for for this negative sterotype of a QB who can run but can't do anything else.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

guess my point is that there has always been running QBs. It is not McNabb/Vick ect.

5. ShoTym

ShoTym Rookie of the Year

That is not true. There has not always been running QB's. You cannot count Young and Tarkenton. They were never serious run threats. They simply scrambled.

This entire argument about the "running" or "black" QB is tiresome. Anti running QB people always quote how one has never won the SB. There has only been a small few and they only appeared in the early 90's with Cunningham. Of the starting running QB's most of them were winning QB's, if not all of them. They lead teams to the playoffs, to Conference championships, and even one to the SB. People fail to realize that there are 25+ pocket passers that don't win the SB every year. Not just runners. A Vick/McNabb/VY type of QB will eventually win a SB.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

guess I don't know the difference between Steve Young tucking the ball and running for 20 and McNair tucking the ball and running for 20

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar