What is Pacman worth on the market?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Austin_Bill, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I agree, pac man always seems to be on his man, and that means that the qb will go to option 2 and 3 more oft then not. The threat of him being there is a big thing, but also the reality that he is there is another big thing. I feel like he makes a difference.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

He's not worth trading IMO. Even if his legal concerns turn sour, we can just release him. He has too much upside on defense and on special teams; we saw two very distinct weaknesses this year with Harper (at times) and the return game. He makes this team drastically better, and as others have said, is a player you only find once in a blue moon.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm going to say it: right now, Pacman holds a little more value to this team than Roy Williams. I'd love to have Roy, but I'm a little worried about his injury history, only because it's there.

If we end up trading him, we'd be smarter to let him play a year, seriously increase his value and then move him.

I don't know if we would have beat the Chargers just because we had Roy Williams, but I feel pretty confident we could have if we had Pacman. Not to mention, you can put Pacman in on offense on occasion, something I'm sure we would do with him in the playoffs. He's a severe distraction wherever he plays.

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Someone pin this please

5. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

This post just reminds me of what happened on the one play Pac came out during the first indy game last year...bam TD on the CB that filled in for him after that side was shut down the entire game.

I really think Pac is that good. Hopefully, fewer people can question it after next year.

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Not to mention, he stripped one of those receptions (Harrison) for a fumble, and recovered the fumble.

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

He signed a five year contract, so it should be three years.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Akex, you contradicted yourself. First you say that pac had it made being part of a secondary of losers. Wrong. Then you whine that he didn't have many ints. well duh, maybe because they avoided throwing to him to pick on those other guys?

Cornerback play is one area where stats are not very helpful. If a corner is covering a guy like glue the QB won't throw the ball that way. If you have a great corner on one side and a scrub on the other side the great corner will often be asked to cover a larger portion of the field and will definitely have to cover the best WR. How is that an advantage?

Nobody schooled this guy. No WR had his way with pacman jones. He averaged a pass defended or intercepted per game. He was emerging as a truly great player.

9. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Even better.

10. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Pacman is indeed a great player.
    But if he is not "housebroken" for the Titans, then his trade value is diminished.

As long as he is deemed a behavioral problem, we can't ever get what his skill level is worth in a trade.

Think of it as just another way that Adam Jones' attitude is screwing over the team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar