What Is The United Football League?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Don, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

I have heard a few bits and pieces on this new United Foorball League, but did not know the schedule, teams, cities, etc.

Thursday and Friday night games on Versus? Championship on Thanksgiving?

There is a decent article in The Jacksonville paper on the new UFL league starting up, and oddly enough Zach Pillar is mentioned as a new player.

http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/..._put_united_football_league_back_in_launch_mo

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

it'll be fun to watch, i doubt it'll ever mount to anything.

but you never know. with enough ratings and demand it could come back for a second season and last longer. I heard they might be trying to get Vick to play.

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I am guessing it goes the way of the USFL.

4. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

or XFL? It will be hard to judge which games are more pointless and vapid on Thanksgiving now.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Pretty silly to have a season at the same time as the NFL.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yeah I don't get the fall schedule. Why would I watch UFL over NFL or NCAA football?

If there were an NFL game on Friday nights, sometimes I'd be watching it. But I don't want to follow UFL along with college when I'm normally getting good to great games on Thursday,Saturday,Sunday, and Monday.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

UFL during the week wouldn't be so bad.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If it was on in the Spring I'd at least mildly keep up with it. I'm one of the only people I know that followed the XFL.

9. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

college games during the week dont really get good until the end of the season..after thanksgiving. i think it is kinda smart to do it this way...lets be honest..if this league was going in the spring/summer no one would watch it because it is nice out and you do things out side..same reason most shows do reruns during the summer. having games on thursday and friday nights wont be so bad...that would be 5 days every week of football...welcome to my personal nirvana

10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Lets be honest, why would I wanna watch a buncha practice team guys? Sure, there may be one or two that has a Kurt Warner career but the UFL may turn into the Has-been and Never-was league.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar