Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

What Is The United Football League?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Don, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

Moolah:
    $27
    I have heard a few bits and pieces on this new United Foorball League, but did not know the schedule, teams, cities, etc.

Thursday and Friday night games on Versus? Championship on Thanksgiving?

There is a decent article in The Jacksonville paper on the new UFL league starting up, and oddly enough Zach Pillar is mentioned as a new player.

http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/..._put_united_football_league_back_in_launch_mo
  2. jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Moolah:
    $77
    it'll be fun to watch, i doubt it'll ever mount to anything.

but you never know. with enough ratings and demand it could come back for a second season and last longer. I heard they might be trying to get Vick to play.
    • Staff / Moderator

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks!

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $1,656
    I am guessing it goes the way of the USFL.
  3. BiscoPhan11 Starter

Casey
    Moolah:
    $303
    or XFL? It will be hard to judge which games are more pointless and vapid on Thanksgiving now.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,365
    Pretty silly to have a season at the same time as the NFL.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 I'm a mean old man

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,918
    Yeah I don't get the fall schedule. Why would I watch UFL over NFL or NCAA football?

If there were an NFL game on Friday nights, sometimes I'd be watching it. But I don't want to follow UFL along with college when I'm normally getting good to great games on Thursday,Saturday,Sunday, and Monday.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,365
    UFL during the week wouldn't be so bad.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 I'm a mean old man

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,918
    If it was on in the Spring I'd at least mildly keep up with it. I'm one of the only people I know that followed the XFL.
  4. GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

Moolah:
    $0
    college games during the week dont really get good until the end of the season..after thanksgiving. i think it is kinda smart to do it this way...lets be honest..if this league was going in the spring/summer no one would watch it because it is nice out and you do things out side..same reason most shows do reruns during the summer. having games on thursday and friday nights wont be so bad...that would be 5 days every week of football...welcome to my personal nirvana
  5. World Peace n/a

Moolah:
    $3,659
    Lets be honest, why would I wanna watch a buncha practice team guys? Sure, there may be one or two that has a Kurt Warner career but the UFL may turn into the Has-been and Never-was league.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.