What is your ideal (realistic) playoff scenario

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Nov 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Here is my favorite playoff scenario...

Pats
    Steelers
    Titans
    Chargers
    Jags
    Bills/Ravens

This would have us playing our home wild card game against a team that has struggled to throw the ball.

The Chargers would then play the Jags. Either of these teams have defenses that could give Brady trouble in the 2nd rnd. The Chargers lost by one score @ the Pats earlier this yr. They know they can play with them.

We would then go back to Heinz field. I give us a small chance to win against the Steelers....no chance if we have to play the Pats.

Both road teams win in the 2nd rnd and the Titans are hosting the AFC championship game.

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

Making them

• LOL LOL x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea just making the PO's would be something at this point but we're in position to host a PO game, so lets aim higher than just going to the PO's... Holding onto the #3 seed would be great..

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Yep, getting in first then:

At home against B-hole-timore.
    At Pitt (because its either at Pit or at NE)
    At home against Jax
    SB woopin' on Minnesota

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

We win a game and mularkeys so suprised he has a non Like threatening heart attack he is forced to retire immediately

• LOL LOL x 2
  6. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

id rather it be

baltimore
    NE
    Jax
    Philly

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

F**k no to Baltimore.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

My ideal scenario is we make it and win.

9. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Good to be back.

I've talked about this with some friends and while it's extremely unlikely, I think the most realistic chance we have would be this...

We have to finish as the 3rd seed and somehow Jacksonville has to finish at the 5th seed....

Titans would then need to beat Baltimore (the 6th seed)
    Jacksonville would need to beat the Chargers (the 4th seed)

This would send us to the divisional round where we would have to win a VERY tough game against Pittsburgh who would be the 2nd seed....

Jacksonville would somehow have to SHOCK THE WORLD and beat New England in Foxboro in one of the most shocking upsets in NFL history.

AFC Championship game is now Jaguars @ Titans (imagine that?) and of course, we will handle the kittens and move on to the Super Bowl......

Now this is where we would need to hope and pray that Philly doesn't make it because that defense could give us nightmares, we'll need a darkhorse to make it like Carolina..... a team that doesn't really have a super powered offense and a defense we could exploit over the course of the game. We force Cam into some 3rd and long situations and he throws a pair of interceptions to Kevin Byard, King Henry wears down that defense until he busts a huge game sealing touchdown late in the 4th quarter.

The Titans are Super Bowl 52 champions.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I know I'll get cruxified for this but I feel we have a better chance of beating the Pats than we do the Steelers.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar