Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

What is your reasoning for not playing fantasy football

Discussion in 'Titan Cup/Fantasy Football' started by World Peace, Jun 13, 2012.

1. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,451
    I play fantasy football every year. I always have 2 teams in the event something bad happens to one of them. I still keep up with the bad team, just don't expect much from them.

Like RavensShallBurn mentioned, it gives me a reason to care about other games.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 Pro Bowler

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,433
    For those not playing, would it up your interest if you were in a gambling league? Like $100 buy-in and prize money for the league winner?
  2. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $15,996
    It's dungeons and dragons for football "fans".

Outside of it being painfully nerdy- it also creates terrible fans. You know the type. "Man I hope we win today but I really need Maurice Jones-Drew to do well for my fantasy league". GTFO.

The only plus is that it makes other games more watchable where you may not have had an interest before.

It's based on pure luck most the time.

With that said- I usually play in a couple each year, but lose interest or forget to update my roster by week 5 so I'm a bye-week after that for whoever plays my team. haha
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 Pro Bowler

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,433
    I have to say that has been the biggest draw to me, giving in interest in games that I would otherwise not care about.

That and the gambling aspect. I would not play it for a free league. I tried this GoTitans one and think I stopped updating after the first week.
  3. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $5,127
    No way I'd bet money as a fantasy newbie.
  4. Titanic_Sub Starter

Moolah:
    $1,128
    You play Wii, your opinion doesn't count.
  5. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $5,127
    [IMG] (cus im out)
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,002
  6. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,501
    Garbage.

That means me coming in first three years in a row and second place the fourth makes me the luckiest guy on the planet. There is definitely strategy and skill involved.

I'd equate the luck factor in fantasy football as much as I would in poker. Yeah, there's some luck involved, but there's a reason it's the same ten guys at the final table almost every time.
    2 people high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 Pro Bowler

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,433
    If you want to earn some more cash I may have a spot available in a league.
    1 people high five this.