What is your reasoning for not playing fantasy football

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by World Peace, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

No one drafted Peyton in the first eight rounds in my league last year. We hold the draft the Tuesday before the first Thursday night game.

I avoided CJ at all costs because I figured he would be in a funk the first half of the season. Took Ray Rice instead. Skill and strategy.

I went through like seven starting QBs last year because they all got hurt or benched. I can't remember them all, but I definitely started Orton, Grossman, Sanchez, Dalton and finally settled on Tebow because of his rushing numbers. Replaced Kenny Britt with Victor Cruz. Antonio Gates missed like half the season.

But my team was immune to injuries.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lol suuuure it was...

I'm sure you knew guys like Scott Chandler would win you a week... Jenkins would have his first 100 yard game in like 8 seasons, etc?

You fantasy football nerds crack me up. All you do is merely manage a roster based on common sense and pray for the best.

3. Fry

I usually play in two. One with a buy-in and the other just for bragging rights with friends from high school. I'm usually in the top two each season, although the bragging rights league definitely suffers from those one or two guys who don't manage their teams.

It's incredibly amazing that I come in first almost every year in TWO leagues. I should go to Vegas and put 50,000 on 00. Then do it five more times.

4. Deuce Wayne

Well, you're the luckiest guy I know. You should play the lottery with that money instead.

A lot of people play many leagues and still only get lucky enough to win a few.

5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Its part luck, part strategy, and part just paying attention to everything.

Luck - hopefully your players don't get injured

Strategy - look at who how your players match up with their opponent each week. Set your line up accordingly.

Attention - watch espn right up until the last second to get the lastest news on whether your star player is going to play w that injury or not.

It takes a little of everything to win your FF league.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Deuce Wayne

More luck than just injuries.

Luck -

1. Hoping your guy gets touches. It's the NFL, and unpredictable. Many guys you have never heard of will have breakout games. Other guys that match up perfectly and should have huge days end up bombing or simply not getting touches.

2. Along with injuries- determining who will or wont play. Many times you have a guy listed as questionable that wont play the week you start him- but will play the week you don't. Of course the week he does play he gets 200 yards receiving.

3. Better hope your bye-weeks don't conflict. And yes, this is somewhat strategy- but let's not pretend people are choosing their rosters based on bye-weeks. They're not.

4. There's always that guy in the league that knows absolute d*ck about football yet his team is killing it due to flukes week in and week out somehow.

5. Weather. It's unpredictable as well. You may have an idea- but now way to tell just what the wind, rain, etc is going to do before kickoff.

It's 75% chance.

25% strategy.

7. Fry

It all evens out throughout the season. A guy no one has heard of might have 200 yards in one week, then some moron will pick him up and start him the next week and he goes back to being himself. I mean, if you really want to rely on Scott Chandler after he catches two TDs in one game you can, but I wouldn't.

You know they announce the actives/inactives an hour before the games start, right?

If you have a guy who is playing a late game then you handcuff his replacement and you pick between who plays or you just start someone else. Strategy.

I'll totally sacrifice one week that's stacked with bye-weeks if it means I'll kick a55 the other weeks. I don't think that's a big deal, but I definitely try to spread them out.

sh1t happens

www.weather.com

8. Deuce Wayne

Meteorologists are the most worthless people on earth. As is weather.com.

:) Other than that, good points.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar