What makes Cutler look even better

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titanpride, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

2. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

My bad I thought I posted the video link...
    He didn't so much lift as he did come out way to high (no jerking stop motion) This could be because of his height.. but his but looks way to high before he runs... he also looked very fidgety at the starting line
    He did only run one forty, and then went to throw...

http://stream.ihigh.com/links/texas/2006/03/032206_fb.asx

River man, After looking at it again, it a couple of times, its not so much of him getting high too soon, I can't put my finger on it his first few steps just look a bit akward. and a few steps later, it looks like he is strugglin'; His forty is about 2:15 into the video.

3. Riverman

His stance was not very good (butt too high, dominant foot should be behind more) and he did come out too early (before the 10yd mark rather the than 15). Also, his face and neck were too tense.

Those are coachable elements that most NFL combine athletes work on. I'm sure he did a little, but not as well prepared as he could have been. I'm betting he could have knocked off 0.1s if he had properly prepared.

I don't think a 40yd time matters that much, but his inattention to preparation isn't persuasive.

Unless Leinart blows me away at his day- I still likes me some Vince.

4. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

More NFL scouts opinions refernce his 45 of 50 passes.

- ''That wasn't a remarkable achievement because he wasn't asked to make many tough throws and he waited a lot on his receivers to get out of their breaks,'' one scout told ESPN.Com. ''Teams that are curious about the guy are going to want to see more when they work him out.''

5. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

That infamous... "one scout" ESPN keeps quoting... is a thorn in VY's side.:irked:

6. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

Thanks for breaking that down for me Riverman... I have 3 track meets worth of High School experience, and it didn't look like what my Track Coach/Football Coach /Health Teacher taught me.. before my injury..:lol: But I didn't know if he knew what he was talking about half the time...LOL!

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

By "lift", I meant the 225 lbs.

;)

8. Riverman

The media is all over the place with Vince. I'm beginning to the think the negatives are just smoke. It is amazing how inconsistent (at least the tone) the reports are.

A reference in the other thread about Titans taking Vince has some insanely positive comments and even suggests the Texans could take him 1st. (I'm still suspicious about the Texans trading with the Packers with the Texans picking up Vince if he's still on the board.)

9. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

Oh my bad... I don't think he lifted....

10. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

My thoughts exactly Riverman... ESPN reporters on the scene say they were blown away, and then the studio guy quotes a scout saying, he sucked.. in the same segment... huh? link below:
    http://media.putfile.com/TexasProDay-ESPN

The reports are just too conflicting... I would rather everyone say he did okay... then to have polar opposites circulating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar