What makes Fisher so Great?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nickmsmith, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

You call the last few years playing hard?:suspect:

2. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

I hope you are right.

3. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

Off the top of my head, my number choice would be Bill Cowher. Better than Fisher in my opinion.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He smells like cookies... that's pretty great.

5. DJB

DJB Starter

I think Fisher the past few year has had terrible teams and has got more out of them than most any other coaches would have. He's earned everthing he's ever gotten. Some coaches get reputations based off just being lucky to take over a good team (Gruden Bucs SB). Some coaches lie and jump ship when things get tough (Petrino). In this day and age professional athletes let you know if they dont like their coach. I think his players respect him and he is a good leader.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I don't think they'd talk to the media about Fisher, because they'd end up like Volek or Chris Brown last season. They don't, out of fear.

7. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

You can't be serious. He would leave TB to come here? why? I didn't here it "here" first either. Living in Knoxville I get to ignorant necks calling in to local sports radio everyday calling for Fulmers head. That call is usually followed by another neck calling and saying "well what bout Gruden? I know he done coached her befo". Not gonna happen. He didn't leave UT on the happiest of terms. That thing where we replaced his boss while he was on the cutting board at the hospital. Gruden was not happy about that. Besides once again why would he leave a playoff team? I know this is off topic and I'm sorry but please....

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Chill with the drama.

It's rumor mill material. You know, i heard it from a friend of a friend, that type of thing.

I figure it won't be true, and my buddy even said, he's heard stuff that has never happened from this guy, but he also heard a few things before they were announced to the public that turned out to be true. So who knows.

I'm not even a Fulmer hater, but UT would be better going in a new direction at this point. If somehow they could keep Fulmer around for recruiting and have him tied to the university, that would be awesome.

I even wrote the "you heard it hear first" as a joke to one of the other threads going on.

oh.... and WHY WHY WHY!!! Gosh why do people do things....

I'll throw out "Money" as my answer.

9. Alex1939

I don't think Gruden's reputation is all luck. He did good in Oakland the year before. And he got it done in Tampa, which is more than current SB winning head coach Dungy could do. Also, he's done an amazing job this season with the injuries they've had in Tampa.

Now, I am not saying Gruden is the greatest coach ever or anything. But he's better than just lucky.

10. Alex1939

I agree with this statement. But I also think Fisher seems pretty likeable, even if his philosophy isn't the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar