What makes Fisher so Great?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nickmsmith, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJB

DJB Starter

Nobodys reputation is ALL luck. I feel Gruden won his SB with a team Dungy had built. Like Switzer won a SB with an already good team.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I can't argue that.

I do want to point out that Switzer inherited a team that had already won a superbowl, where Gruden took a team that could never make it to the SB and he won it. I think that gives Gruden a slight nod in accomplishment over Switzer, but they both won SBs with already built teams.

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Bring in Mack Brown as OC when Chow goes to UCLA, if you let that guy take this O over, we have a powerhouse offense within an offseason with his adjustments

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How is going 4-12 getting more out of a team? Whenever fisher has not had good talent it showed on our record. He has never taken average talent to the playoffs and he has never taken a bad team to an average record. The best thing we can say about fisher is that if he has real good talent he can win with them.

If we miss the playoffs it will be for the 4th straight year. How is that great coaching?

In 04 we started the year 3-5 before we had all those injuries. That's not great coaching at all. The 8-8 team in 98 damn well had the talent to win 10 games. I was there at that bear game when there was confusion over a rodney thomas catch on 3rd down that was just short of the first. We didn't even get a good FG attempt off. In 01 we had a starting RB who was so crippled he couldn't even average 3 yards a carry but he still got the rock 20 times a game! Only a moron would do that!

His coordinators are poster children for mediocrity and he doesn't have the balls to replace them. How about 0-5 last year? Great coaching!

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Fisherism...

A backassward doctrine that gives the fisher coaching staff credit for anything good but never blames them for failures. Cases in point..

Last year when we started 0-5 nobody bashed the job fisher did. When we finished strong fisher got all the credit.

Last year when we were dead last in defense no analyst, commentator or writer bashed schwartz and the defensive game plans. This year when our defense was playing well it was because of brilliant coaching schemes.

Last year norm chow got all kinds of accolades for his work with vince young. Has anyone offered the tiniest criticism for norm's handling of young this year given that vince has regressed?

When our special teams were near the bottom in return averages nobody had a negative thing to say about lowry. Enter pacman jones and lowry becomes this genius on the return game.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

exactly rolltide.

7. alzarius

alzarius Guest

Agree 100% Rolltide.

Just because people cant think of someone to replace Fisher, doesnt mean Fisher is anywhere near the top in the league. It just means we dont know what they could do with this team.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

there's a few coaches that could probably do better than Fisher with this team .... maybe not with the same personnel or staff, but anyone in their right mind would have made adjustments already

9. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

Sometimes. I mean if he had his way Vince Young will still be on the bench. I don't think if we left it up to him VY would ever have been ready. And what about the whole Deron Jenkins experiment. Rembember him, Remember how Blaine Bishop and some of the other vets begged Fisher to play the rookie (A. Dyson). What about last year? In retrospect why was Reynaldo Hill starting over Finnegan. That change alone would have atleast been worth a win or two.

10. terrykalaka

terrykalaka Camp Fodder

fisher may or may not be that good, but the grass is not always greener. every coach has the same stuff in their history of having losing seasons, not winning when they had the talent, cowher had a good year the last year he coached?? how did belicheck do with the browns?? same **** different coach, the difference is the combination of the entire coaching staff having players technically sound and the head coach motivating them to play above their best. also in the mix is the relationship the coach has with the gm, and since reese sucked so bad, we are in a better position now with mr than we were with reese. if we got rid of fisher the chances are greater that we would go backwards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar