What Movies Have You Seen Multiple Times in the Theater?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fry, May 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

We had three theaters in West Palm that showed Midnight movies every Friday and Sat night - at midnight of course..
    Carefree showed only Rocky Horror, with the live cast performance etc. Not really my thing but I did get dragged to it at least a dozen times.
    The theater by my house was a mall multiplex that showed The Road Warrior, Dawn of The Dead, Night of the Living Dead, The Warriors, Harder They Come, El Topo and Pink Flamingos.
    I saw all of those many times over. It was a great time because everyone met up at the arcade next door. You'd get a buzz on - hit the record store, get a delicious slice of NYC pizza then end up at the midnight movie with all of your friends then get dumped out into the dark void at about 2:30 in the morning with loads of scared 80's girls.
    The good ole days…..

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

loved the midnight movies when I was a teenager. Not every friday night but lots of them

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Midnight movies were more a rarity. But if by "drop off matinees" you mean your parents dropping you off for the day then yes, I absolutely grew up on that. In the town I grew up in the mall was literally right beside the movie theater so on weekends either my parents or a friends parents would drop us off and we'd see a movie or two, hit the arcade and just bs around the mall.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Drop off matinees mostly showed 3 hours of cartoons, Three Stooges and an old Sci Fi or Horror movie. Most cities around the country showed the same package on the same Saturday. I remember seeing Frankenstein Conquers The World, Robinson Caruso on Mars and War of The Gargantuas..
    Oh and House of Wax in 3D!

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I can't imagine parents dropping kids off at the theater anymore.
    More lameness for today's kids..

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Off the top of my head

Avengers 1 and 2, The Dark Knight, LOTR - The Two Towers.

Not sure if I saw Jurassic Park twice.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Avengers
    What We Do in the Shadows

Saw both twice. I never do that.

Oh and I took tons of 13 yr old b*tches to see Titanic back in the day. So much hand-hold game.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Ahhh... okay. Guess I was too young for that. Sounds like good times though.

When I was about 9 or 10 my younger cousin was visiting from Texas and my mom dropped us off at the theater/mall for the day (as per the regular weekend routine) and about a week after my cousin returned home my mother received a letter from his mother chewing her out for "leaving us alone all day". "I don't care what you do with your kids but my kid is not to be left unattended blah blah blah" type stuff. I remember my mom was so shocked. I guess that was around the beginning of all that overprotective parenting nonsense. So glad my parents were not like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar