What needs to be OBLITERATED in order to succeed next season?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Jan 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

I emphasize the word obliterate because these are things i absolutely dont ever want to see translate over into next season. If for some unfortunate circumstance that it does, we wont see this team build off the momentum of a winning season.

I'll start off with the game on the line please do not call for a designed play with Harry aka "zero separation" Douglas as the first and only reliable go to receiver. It has failed in every opportunity. In fact he shouldnt even be in the rotation. The guy brings absolutely nothing to the offense and struggles mightily with beating CBs at the line of scrimmage and getting separation.

Anything else?

2. ceeder

ceeder Starter

No more Murray out of a jumbo on 3rd and 1s.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Mike Mularkey.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd like to see them do away with that funky backwards pass they roll out once every few games. Not quite a run, not quite a screen, not quite sure how it made it into the playbook

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Bear with me, I've only been able to stream the radio broadcasts but... it didn't sound like we used Fowler a lot.

Am I mistaken here?

If not, I'd like to see him used more.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

T-Rac

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. kenny

kenny Starter

My biggest issue with the offense was predictability. I get it, we are a run first team; & are built for it. Run, Run, MUST Pass cannot be the way we start multiple series a game. I know we want to establish the run. However, if the box is stacked continually we need to go to play action sooner IMO.

I want us to continue to run the ball. We are built for it & are finally good at it. I just wish we would vary the attack a bit more. Robiskie (Sure that's spelled wrong) called a lot of predictable series this year. I know there is going to be a certain level of predictability to a run based offense. However, I think we can mix it up better than we did........

I also want to see us have more of a killer attitude. It seems like we played to not lose a lot this year. When we got a lead we tried to ride the clock. I want to see the team play to win till the final whistle. The GB game is a perfect example of what we should be trying to do every week. I do not feel like that was the case for several games.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I know it'll never go away but having CBs give seven yards of cushion on third-and-five is the thing I hate the most.

And allowing a TE to run free from the LoS also chaps my arse.

• High Five x 4
    • Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Deal with it

That's just the Titan way

10. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

SPECIAL TEAMS!! Aside from Kern and Succop, good god we were awful, worse then any other year that I can remember. We got caught with are pants down way too much and it got worse when we fired B. April. There was a stretch during the season where it seemed like the opposing teams were either converting onside kicks, returning punts for TDs, or they were flipping the field position with ease. Not to mention we couldn't return the ball more than 20 yards even if we tried. It was undisciplined football at the highest level. I know our secondary was the achillies heel of this team but special teams wasn't far behind.

#10 titanfanatic, Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    • High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar