What needs to be OBLITERATED in order to succeed next season?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Jan 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny

kenny Starter

I believe Marcus is going to take another step forward in 2017. He is actually going to get consistent coaching; & be in the same system for a consecutive year. He hasn't really gotten the credit he deserves. He has been through a lot of systems, & play callers in a very short period of time; for such a young player.

We started in Whisenhunts' system with Whis calling plays. Then towards the end of Whis; Jason Micheals was calling the plays, (Supposedly). After Whis' firing Mularkey "Adjusted" the system "Somewhat". Once Mularkey was hired, they went to his offensive system; with Robiskie calling plays.

So Marcus has really had 3 different (Although Similar) Systems, & 3 different play callers in 2years...... If you look at that way; Marcus has made tremendous strides. TBH, I think he has been fantastic any way you look at it. However, considering the circumstances it is all the more impressive. Yes, Marcus has had bad games. Yes, Marcus has cost us wins. ALL YOUNG-ROOKIE QBs do! Even the great Manning cost his team wins. (Not meant toward you.....I know there are going to be SOME who will attack this credit given to our young QB)

If he comes back from injury in good shape; I look forward to what Marcus does in 2017.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Can we please stay aggressive once we have the lead, absolutely hate the conservative play calling and no desire to keep scoring once we have a lead. As we all know, we can never seem to score enough points because our secondary loves to give up scores.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

As great as an improvement he has made this season he also needs to get better on improving the consistency of his accuracy throwing the ball. Still times i see him miss a few throws every other game especially the gimmie ones to Murray that could have kept the drive going.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

found article on that. Was sitting in that endzone area thinking "WTF did I just see?"

Not only is he bad in coverage, he's also stupid.

"If the play is designed for me to go get the ball ima go get it....shout out to all da couch coaches at home who know everything tho [​IMG]"

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/11/titans-valentino-blake-punt-return-mistake-colts-nfl

http://titaninsider.com/valentino-blake-tries-explain-special-teams-catch/

5. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Our starting CB's......

Seriously... blank friggin' page

6. Bo Bo Clark

Bo Bo Clark Starter

I have refereed high school football down here in Florida for 9 years. I totally agree with you. The Denver game had me going crazy, it was one of the worst officiated games Ive seen.
    IDK if its because we're a low market team or if the NFL has it out for Amy as a owner, but we don't get basic calls to go our way.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

It is called a lead option and it needs to go. Keep the read option, dump the lead option. There is a reason it is not used in the NFL.

8. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

so you're saying.... it doesn't work???? lol

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

yea dump it, that play gives me a headache

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar