What Offseason Pickup Do You Think Will Have The Biggest Impact On The Team?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

My choice will be Bernard Pollard because i think he will give the defense an identity they've been lacking these last few seasons and i think his hard hitting physical way of playing will spread to the other players making the defense a much more harder hitting unit than before.

I also think Gregg Williams will help mold the defense into a harder hitting physical group.

I do think Sylvester Croom running backs coach did a very smart thing when he came right out and said he recognized a lot of plays where C.J. was being thrown for huge losses and that he thought for different reasons that C.J. needed help at RB because of the fact that we were having problems constantly coming up short trying to gain first downs in short yardage situations and that problems would be solved by bringing in a second RB to help convert these short yardage plays into first downs and also to give C.J. help in the running game where he is not trying to do everything himself and by having help keeps him fresh for longer periods resulting in hopefully breaking a big play or two in the latter parts of the game.I also think this move will help C.J. prolong his career sharing carries because he is not carrying the whole load anymore.

2. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I don't have one player in particular, but I think the revamped offensive line will have the biggest impact. Levitre, Warmack, and maybe Shwenke. Locker really seemed to struggle when facing pressure up the middle and I think these additions will go a long way to show improvement in Locker. It will also help our run game which has been weak the past couple years. An improved offensive line can improve the whole team, especially a young team like ours.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Right now I would suggest any that actually see the field.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Gregg Williams.

Though I do like the Croom addition as well.

5. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Anyone who makes a difference. Agree with Pollard and Williams as of now being obvious choices. But it could be Levitre if CJ blows up again

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Greg Williams will lead the revolution, but it'll be Bernard Pollard who carries out the executions.

I once made a thread about players I refer to as "Goons" & "Goblins" stating we had zero and needed to add some, well we added something better, a gangster in Greg Williams.

Pollard will be Goon #1, and he'll use McCourty, Ayers, and others as his Goblins sorta how Ray Lewis did with Suggs and Ngata.. We'll have an identity finally, and it'll be thanks to first; Greg Williams, then Bernard Pollard.

7. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Hope so, it would be nice to have a fearing defense again.

8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

As with some above it's hard to cite just one... I like the relatively low dollar DLine beef. It was much needed and should allow the team's talented LB's to thrive and make plays.

I'm honestly pretty troubled that the team's all new and pricey oline has yet to take a snap together as a unit. Just last season wasn't our esteemed oline guru and head coach espousing how valuable continuity is along the offensive line. I'd be saddened, but wouldn't be surprised if this unit struggles quite a bit for the first half of the season (despite the truckload of old Bud's cash that's invested there)

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm saying the reboosting of the offensive line. Spending mad $ on Levitre & using an early pick on Warmack should do wonders. Locker & CJ were getting dominated in the backfield consistently, hopefully now they'll have time so we can get an offense rolling and keep the D off the field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar