What position do we go?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titansfan12, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

If not a QB then a S or DT. I like Fairley (sp?) from Auburn, but I think he's just a Junior and might stay for another year.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

If we get a coach that runs the 3-4, which most teams have gone to. I don't see us drafting another lineman in the first for a while. Brown could play the NT spot. If not QB and we do make the switch to 3-4, then we need to go after a dominant LB.

3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

There's no way Brown could play NT, he's too fragile, and a bit undersized as well. If we switched to 3-4 we would basically have to rebuild our entire front 7.

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

True. However, I think the 3-4 is the answer to many of our defensive problems. It allows for so much more versatility and confusion against opposing offenses.

5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I wouldn't mind a switch to a 3-4 but I don't think we could do it all in one off-season, we'd have to gradually build towards it, because really who from our front 7 would work in a 3-4? Our tackles are all too small, Jason Jones would probably make a good end though. Tulloch is not a good enough athlete, I don't know how well McRath would transition to a new scheme. Witherspoon would probably be a good fit though. Babin and Ball I can't see working our very well, because well I think they're pretty mediocre as it stands.

6. 24

24 Starter

Here's the thing, do we really want to be one of those teams that switch to the 3-4 just because? Belichick ran the 4-3 for most of last year, because his team's skill set dictated that. He fits his scheme to his personnel, not the other way around. Many teams try and force scheme changes, and they suffer because of it. We just have to adjust according to our talent.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

CB or SS. Our secondary is horrible.

We're going to probably be drafting in the Top 10. Hopefully we can get Patrick Peterson or Prince Amukamara.. because there isn't any good SS available that early.

8. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

We will be in the top 10 for sure but it's too early to tell who we would take or what we would do yet.

The only question is...

Offense ~ :goodbad: ~Defense

Can we take an unprecedented leap and draft a head coach?!

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Switching to the 3-4 won't solve anything. A well-run 4-3 can be just as effective.

Besides, the Titans are so entrenched in the 4-3 that it would take a MAJOR overhaul to run a productive 3-4. At least half the defensive players would probably have to be replaced.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I agree. The only front 7 member that would be suitable in a 3-4 would be Brown at end. Jones is undersized, and doesn't play big enough for a 3-4 DE. If there are 2 teams that should not go to the 3-4 in the near future, they are the Titans and Colts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar