What position do we go?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titansfan12, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Couldn't agree more. If one of the highly talented RBs or WRs fell i'd love them (even though I like the CJ/Ringer combo and think Britt and Williams make a godo combo). Although if Julio Jones falls like what Dez Bryant did, i'd love to take Julio, Britt/Jones/Williams would make a good WR core - wont happen tho. Safety couldn't be bad, but we'll probably go OL. I doubt we take another 1st round DL, Wash just needs a 5th rounder and will make them a star.

I've been looking at alot of mock drafts - most of them have us taking an OLB. Don't really want an OLB, I'm happy with McRath - Tulloch - Witherspoon. Not a lot of depth next year, maybe Rennie can step up.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think a LB wouldn't be unlikely, but it would be a pick for the future. I think Spoon is only signed for this year, and may not get more than a 1-2 year extension. McGrath has been good, but it's not like we've really seen enough to pencil him in as a starter for the next five years. I could also see DT, maybe interior o-line, though I think that's much more likely later than the first round.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

You've got to wonder how far a guy like Marvin Austin will fall after not playing for an entire year.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

TE in the first!? no

We need an OG or C. Followed by a S to replace Hope. Then the best RB or LB.

I'm not worried about the DL cause Washburn can do miracles, we're set on WR's right now, TE's I'm not worried, and I believe in VY.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Couldn't agree more. But, I wouldn't mind taking a RB or WR if one of the big names fall to us. Otherwise OL.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This thread gets easier and easier with each passing week. Now 7 games into the season we are almost half way :(. But an area I'd like to strengthen up is the O-Line. It's more apparent now than ever that we miss Mawae, not because of his play, but because it allowed Harris to back-up two spots. We need better quality depth after our starters on the O-Line. Either Center or Guard need to be a high priority. We find great value after the first round, so I'd be cool with not drafting a lineman early, but being sure we do draft a good one.

7. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

We will NOT take an interior OL in the first 3 rounds regardless of need.

As it stands now, this team has no glaring needs. I think we go SS to groom to replace Hope or OLB to eventually replace Witherspoon.

Bruce Carter, OLB, UNC,
    Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA
    Tavis Lewis, OLB, Oklahoma
    Von Miller, OLB, TAM
    Deunta Williams, SS, UNC
    Greg Jones, OLB, Michigan State
    DeAndre McDaniel, SS, Clemson

Assuming we're drafting in the bottom third, I'd even take a flier on a guy like Julio Jones if he were available.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Don't think know!

Witherspoon is signed for 3 years. 3 year $11M. He will be 32 in his final year.

As far as drafting an OLB in rd 1 i doubt they do that. They have been using 3rd and 4th rd picks for linebackers. I assume everybody advocating a linebacker pick has given up on Curran?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bama players..

Is Julio Jones the perfect WR for our offense or what? Loves to block. Doesn't complain about getting enough balls. Plays hurt. Makes the tough catch and returns punts and kicks.

A beast like Kenny Britt. I'm hoping like hell he has a bad 40 at the combine and falls to us at 32. I doubt we will even get a sniff at him.

Mark Barron is a jr SS who will likely come out this year. 6'2 210-215 lbs with 4.50 speed. He will be one of the top safeties taken in the draft. Looking for Hope's replacement? This is the guy..

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bruce Carter is the OLB perfect for our style of defense. Ayers is more of a 3-4 type guy.

Carter would be our next Keith bulluck if they wanted to go OLB in rd one. He is only 230 which might allow him to fall to us but has speed to burn. 3-4 teams might not feel they can use him.

Great speed weakside linebacker who has played that exact role for UNC so there is no need for a position change. Was so good in coverage there they allowed him to cover WRs in the slot.

Great range and good awareness not just a guy relying on his speed alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar