What price would it take for you to trade our 1st round pick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Riverman, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Not sure I'd have as high a price as some others on here. I think I'd only trade down to 4 or 5. I'd trade to either of those for an additional 2nd round pick and another 3-5th round pick. Or just for the first this year and next year.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Neither but because they are not in that category don't expect and Eli Manning type trade. For the #10 team to make a stright up value chart trade with us, swapping #1s, we would still get the rest of their draft to get the point value. You said based on the top 5 that we could "jack up those numbers". SO do you really think the #9 or #10 team is going to trade their whole draft his year and throw in even more next year just to get a Vince Young or Leinart? No way when they can stay put and still get a their pick of a bunch of great talented players at a number of positions and they could even still get a QB, Cutler, who may be less of a risk than either Young or Leinart. The way I see it don't expect to have trade offers that even give us straight up value on the charts.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Eli Manning trade was done because Eli Manning did not want to play for the Chargers. I'm sure the deal the Giants got reflected that. If you want to look at what can be expected for someone to come up for #1 this year, I'd look at the Vick deal.

All I am saying is that the Titans pick at #3 THIS year has more value than in most drafts. Same for the entire top five, IMO.

4. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

You guys who keep counting Super Bowls as the only measure of success are being idiotic. Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl, Jeff Hostetler won a Super Bowl, Doug Williams won a Super Bowl.....are these guys better than Marino, Tarkenton, P. Manning? Winning a Super Bowl has more to do with the coach and the system than the QB.

BTW, we got to our only Super Bowl with almost the same formula Pittsburgh used this year.....good D and running the ball down people's throats....i.e. McNair's job was to not make mistakes and convert 3rd downs when necessary. IMO, we should get back to that ASAP, and if we did, Vince Young could do that as well as anyone we could draft this year.

5. TitanJeff

I think the top five of the '06 class may be as good, one through five, as any I can remember. They certainly have about as solid a college resume as any who've come out in the last decade. He's a list of the drafts from the last decade.

'04:
    Manning
    Gallery
    Fitzgerald
    Rivers
    Taylor

'03:
    Palmer
    Rogers
    A. Johnson
    Robertson
    Newman

'02:
    Carr
    Peppers
    Harrington
    M. Williams
    Jammer

'01:
    Vick
    L. Davis
    Warren
    J. Smith
    LT

'00:
    C. Brown
    Arrington
    Samuels
    Warrick
    Lewis

'99:
    Couch
    McNabb
    A. Smith
    James
    R. Williams

'98
    Manning
    Leaf
    Wadsworth
    Woodson
    Enis

'97
    Pace
    Russell
    Springs
    Boulware
    Westbrook

'96
    K. Johnson
    Hardy
    Rice
    Ogden
    C. Jones

Of course, time will tell. '04 was solid but it's too early to call. Bush, Leinart, Young, Ferguson and Hawk. Two Heisman Trophy winners. Three National Champions. And you can add Cutler to the mix though I personally don't think he'll go top five.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

You guys who keep counting Super Bowls as the only measure of success are being idiotic. Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl, Jeff Hostetler won a Super Bowl, Doug Williams won a Super Bowl.....are these guys better than Marino, Tarkenton, P. Manning? Winning a Super Bowl has more to do with the coach and the system than the QB.
    - royhobbs

Thank You roy:applause:

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

he might .... would you really be al that shocked or disappointed if Reese pulled the trigger on Cutler (assuming both Bush and Young were gone) ?

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm starting to see Cutler go to the Jets at #4 in some mock drafts, but I think we'd trade out versus take him at #3.

"Gotta get me some Vince."

9. TitanJeff

Whatever Reese does, I'll place my faith in it. I don't have enough information on any of these players beyond what I've watched and much of that is limited to highlights. I've seen 4-5 games with Young. Less with Bush/Leinart. But I've seen more than 20 of Cutler.

Based on what I've seen, I take Leinart over Cutler in a heartbeat. I love a QB who manages a game well. I would gladly sacrifice some "arm" for what I feel is Leinart's best trait.

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

very underrated point TJ. Very interesting too, I've seen Leinart play prob a dozen times and never Cutler.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar