What price would it take for you to trade our 1st round pick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Riverman, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

gee you are really struggling when he names 3 QBs who have won superbowls out of a total of 40. And you use that to make a point.

How many 'once every 5 year players' have won a Superbowl compared to the every year players? The Brady's, Roethlisberger's, Youngs, Montana's et al.

Thank you.

2. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

I got those three off the top of my head....how about Brad Johnson? Kurt Warner? Brady, Big Ben, Young and Montana all had great coaches and systems. Cowher has been to something like 7 of the last 14 AFC Championship games with a variety of average QB's...obviously, his boring system of running the ball and having a solid D has more to do with that than the QB. Remember Steve Bono? He looked like Johnny Unitas for a while with the 49ers. Remember how Hostetler and Williams jumped right in at mid-season and won Super Bowls? Teams that don't rely on the QB exclusively (Unlike Marino's Dolphins and Manning's Colts) are sometimes, in certain circumstances, better off in the long run. I am not saying any scrub can win a Super Bowl, but there are some great QB's out there, all worth the #3 pick, who haven't....I forgot another couple...Warren Moon and Jim Kelly.

3. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I couldn't disagree more about Leinhart and Young not having the same "respect" as the Palmer and Manning of the recent years. When Eli came out, he pretty much was considered the top QB coming out. Rivers was there, but Eli was the name. If Young and Leinhart were there, the top QB wouldn't have been so clear. During Leinhart's junior year, he was considered a lock at being a #1 pick until he decided to come back. The 3 top players would all be in the mix at going #1 at any other year.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I am not talking about mediocre QBs vs Great QBs.

I am talking everyday QBs vs. the rare once every 5 years QBs (Vick, Young etc.).

Everyday QBs win superbowls, rare ones haven't.

5. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

I'm not sure what you guys are calling "rare"......my point is there are a ton of successful QB's (black, white, green and purple) that have never one a Super Bowl. To use that (winning a Super Bowl) as the sole criteria on the success of a QB is not only unfair, but IMO idiotic.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I am not talking about success at all.
    Rather it seems that a team has a better chance at winning the Superbowl (my main concern) with an everyday QB then a rare QB.

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Mario Williams may well go ahead of AJ Hawk anyways.

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

And I think you might be able to add Vernon Davis as a darkhorse to crack the top 5 now...

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I don't think there's any way you can take a TE within the top 5, very rare in fact to go top 10. Look at the player, Winslow and Shockey were terrific players, Vernon Davis has been a phenomenal workout warrior, but didn't make as many big time plays on the field. Don't get me wrong, he looks like he's got the skills, but is a TE valued over a DE or a LB? no way, in my opinion.

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

That's why he's a darkhorse. At his position, he is probably the second best prospect in the draft behind the Brick. Followed closely by Hawk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar