What QB Would Be Best To Bring In To Play And Mentor Locker?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

well he still can't eat carmel
  2. mike75

mike75 Starter Tip Jar Donor

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. mike75

mike75 Starter Tip Jar Donor

i agree.i hope it happens
  5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_4LLGOgdW9w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  6. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

I think Hasselbeck ends up as the QB for the Bengals.
  7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

I'm open to Matt Hasselbeck on the Titans, and he's been my #1 option. But, I don't think he could lead us to the playoffs. I also do NOT want us to trade for a QB, so really it's McNabb (if released) vs Hasselbeck.

So let's compare:

Matt Hasselbeck: 35 years old
    2010: 14 G - 73.2 QB Rating - 59.9 Comp% - 3,001 Yards (214.35 ypg) - 12 TDs/17 INTs - 60 R. Yards/3 TDs - 29 Sacks

NOTES: Hasselbeck has been injury prone and hasn't completed an entire 16 game season since 2007, and only 3 times in his 13 year career has he started all 16 games. He's obviously on the decline, but has played with a great QB (Favre) and a good QB (Dilfer) and also some good coaches. Led Seattle to six playoff appearances and a Super Bowl appearance while being selected to three Pro Bowls. Would be cheaper than McNabb, and would probably settle with a backup/mentor role better. Showed flashes of his old self in the playoffs. 2 Games: 530 Yards, 7 TDs, 1 INT, QB Rating: 102.4

Donovan McNabb: 34 years old
    2010: 13 G - 77.1 QB Rating - 58.3 Comp% - 3,377 Yards (259.77 ypg) - 14 TDs/15 INTs - 151 R. Yards/0TDs - 37 Sacks

NOTES: Has been injury prone as well, has played in all 16 games since 08, and then not again since 03. Had a bad year with the Redskins, and is likely to get released. Signed a big contract extension, so I doubt any team is willing to trade for him. We will have more competition to sign McNabb, IMO. 6 time Pro-Bowler, and 1 Super Bowl appearance. Would likely cost more, and be unlikely to accept the backup/mentor role.

Personally, I think Hasselbeck would be the better option.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

What makes you say that? I can see them going with Dalton because Palmer's not gonna play for them again.

Something tells me Hasselbeck is the guy we go after. I don't think that Timmy Hasselbeck would put TN out there like that if there wasn't something to it. Carrol doesn't have a clue what he's doing out in Seattle. So I can see Matty wanting to leave.
  9. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

GP.

Between Hasselbeck and McNabb I'd vote McNabb.
    He's the better QB and I think he would embrace the mentor role but as a starter.
    But, if you're looking at Hasselbeck and McNabb as starters then I would also look at Kyle Orton.
    Orton is a productive QB he's younger and he has system familiarity.
  10. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

And Palmer not playing is the reason they need a QB.
    The Bengals are in same market for a veteran QB as the Titans, Vikings and Panthers.
    Also, Jay Gruden is installing the WCO and Hasselbeck has been a WCO QB his entire career and probably knows the system as well if not better then Jay.

I don't think Munch and Titans are looking for more then a 1 year placeholder.
    But, if they are McNabb, Orton and Hasselbeck would be at the top of my list.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.