What QB Would Be Best To Bring In To Play And Mentor Locker?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I believe something like what SEC BIPOLAR just commented on.if they put Collins in there and he suffers from poor play then the fans are going to raise hell for them to put Locker in there.I am a firm believer that if Collins is under center when the season starts then we will see Locker in the lineup before the half way point of the season.

2. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

mike

Did you spill OJ on your space bar? Or possibly another organic fluid.

3. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Nah no OJ spilled here....

Or anything else as far as i know.....

4. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

anyone mentioned carson palmer yet....?

5. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

Schefter is reporting Arizona is the frontrunner to land Kolb. There's a lot of smoke to Carson palmer to Seattle. It sounded for a while like Bulger was a lock to Arizona, so that may open that possibility back up. Really just wish this stupid lockout would end so we could get some answers.

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I've heard the same thing. I at first thought AZ didn't take a QB in the draft because they already had a deal worked out with Bulger. Which seems to go along with their MO of playing veteran guys. But I do think Kolb would fit best in their system. If Kolb goes there, no telling who Bulger will sign with. But out of everyone as a possible mentor and good QB he's my top choice.

7. Woy

Woy PA's finest.

Are you kidding me? We'd be better off bringing VY back to mentor Locker than having Todd Collins on this roster in 2011.

e: Unless you meant just to bring in Todd as a back-up with little chance to see the field, which I guess makes sense. But I want a veteran who can play from day one and let Locker sit and learn.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

And the fans would not raise hell if a McClown or Gradkowski was stinking it up? That would be fine with them?

As far as just getting a one year guy to act as mentor-starter Collins is clearly the best guy. He is not selfish and if it was to come to that point where either his poor play or Locker's great play caused him to go to the bench he is not going to complain.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

This is what i find funny when somebody mentions McClown or Gradkowski.

Both those 2 guys have spent their careers competing just to have a job and at best a #2 backup role. Why would they give 2 s**ts about Jake Locker's development?

So a career long bench warmer is going to come in here and help a high draft pick guy making 2X what they make take their job? Bullcrap!

You need a vet who is secure in his situation and would want to help. Even a guy like Mcnabb would be a terrible mentor because it would be against his best interests to help.

Kerry seems to me to be one of the few guys who wouldn't mind that role. He likes it here and at his age he understands what his role would be. Hasselback would also be that way.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Breaking down Mark Bulger...

Key word consistency.

His last 3 years with the Rams(Didn't play last year for the Ravens) his passing ratings were 70, 71, 71. He had 27tds and 31ints. That is acceptable for a backup and you could argue that Bulger who still has a live arm would be on an equal par with Collins or Hasselback. Nothing more.

The issue would be to talk to him and make sure that he might be willing to work with and help a guy who wants to take his job from him and that is the ultimate goal.

Bulger at one time in his career could really sling the ball. Of course it's the same for Collins. Does he still have the arm to be a quality QB? It would be a great opportunity for him and one of the few opportunities he would have to be a starter again.

I like Bulger for that reason. He has something to prove. Might not be the best mentor of the group but will appreciate the opportunity and make the most of it.

If we are looking for the QB with the most potential to play well here Bulger has to be a top candidate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar