What QB Would Be Best To Bring In To Play And Mentor Locker?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Why are people so set on Matt Hasselbeck? I understand that people want change but Kerry Collins has outplayed Hasslebeck for the last few seasons. I know people hate Kerry but don't suggest replacing him with someone who is worse.

As for a mentor I think that Tennessee either needs to sign Marc Bulger or resign Kerry Collins. If Kerry is the pick then we will probably see Locker hit the field sometime next season. Besides the worst case is that we get another top 15 pick and grab Michael Floyd next season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

There has been a lot of that lately.

I think the mentoring concept is overrated but Kerry is at a place in his career where he would be willing to help and wouldn't get pissy when benched. It would likely be just a one year deal for him.

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I would post better stats too if I had CJ and Kenny Britt compared to a weak RB by committee and Mike Williams.

When he finally had a running game with Lynch in the playoffs he played pretty well and our o-line is far better than theres and Hasslebeck can move a foot or two compared to Kerry who is cemented to the ground and a bit fragile.

I won't be mad if Kerry comes back I just think Hasslebeck is better regardless of stats, younger, and I'm sick of Collins back pedaling away from blitzes and throwing it away. Kenny Britt made Collins' wounded ducks into plays not the other way around.

Change is the direction this offseason and I think it should continue at the QB spot.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

You guys ever have a crazy girlfriend that called too much, wanted to know what you were up to all the time... broke stuff when she's upset... but just HARD to get away for one reason or another... maybe she was cool with certain things so you just tolerated her crap? That's what Kerry Collins is like. Dude, we finally broke up with him. Why in God's name would we want to revamp that toxic relationship? We can lose games with Rusty Smith... we don't need Collins for that. Does anyone really think Colllins will come out and win games? Really? Definitely more cons than pros there with Collins... and really, why would you want such an incompetent chunker to mentor your new qb anyway? As much as I'm looking forward to seeing Locker I'd much rather see Locker pry the job away from a legit starters "cold dead fingers" so to speak. I don't want to see locker in week 6 when the Titans are 0-6 or something. I don't want to see this board torching coach Munchack because he "refuses" to play a talent like Locker. Locker needs to sit and watch a winner... not a douchebag like Collins... and I'm sorry guys, but Collins isn't any good... he wasn't good 5 years ago. I don't know why anyone would expect him to be good now.

5. Rowdy009

Rowdy009 Starter

In no particular order:

Hasselbeck, Bulger or Collins.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Let me know if you find one. I'd love to have him.There are no "winners" in the true sense of the word available besides VY in free agency this year, that's the case most years, except for the year the Chargers cut Brees loose.

and I don't think you give up a draft pick for an over-the-hill stopgap either, who will be a one year starter at best.

Hasselbeck struggles to dominate in one of the worst divisions in football, and has an injury history, Locker could be starting by week 3 with him. Bulger has done nothing in quite a long time, McNabb and Palmer may not even be free agents or available. And Collins is admittedly nothing more than a great backup. The FO won't spend starter money on Kolb or Orton if they could get them, they're going to be shelling out good money for their 1st round QB.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I like Hasselbeck because he can possibly play great, he can also suck, but Kerry Collins is guaranteed to suck regardless. At least with Hasselbeck, there's a shot he'll play like a Pro Bowler. I should also make it clear that I don't "like" Hasselbeck, he's just the best option IMO.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Name? Who is that person? Let me guess McClown? Akili Smith? Smith just didn't have the right mentoring now he is ready to start!

Name the legit starter that would be willing to come here for modest money.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Part of my irritation of this whole matter is that i'm just not sold on Jake Locker. Poor accuracy is something you don't just cure with a little coaching.

I guess i should acquiesce and just assume they know what they are doing and did their homework on this guy because if they don't we are in whole crapload of trouble.

10. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

brett farve had accuracy problems his whole career... doesn't stop him from winning a superbowl...

locker is hard working... he's assured us that accuracy is not a problem.. i'm betting that he's working extremely hard on proving his critics wrong

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar