what say ye?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Mitch86, Oct 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I understand where you're coming from. Honestly- nobody is advocating the concept that "losing is best for the team". It is simply that "winning isn't the highest priority" for the long term benefit of the team. Many are playing the "long game" rather than seeking immediate gratification of a few meaningless wins. Long term goals in priority include 1) League Championship 2) Conference Championship 3) Division Championship 4) make the playoffs. Those goals are VERY difficult to achieve. It requires a talented, dedicated and focused players and coaches. That requires excellent GM skills in assembling that roster and coaching staff. It requires commitment from ownership to provide the necessary funds.

It doesn't happen in one year. It takes years to assemble. We have a new coach and scheme. We have an underachieving roster of players with questionable talent.

The highest priority in achieving the above mentioned goals is to first adequately assess the talent and dedication of our current roster. The next will be to cull those not deemed a good fit and acquire new talent through free agency and or the draft. Trades will most likely be needed to gather appropriate picks. There will need to be a phasic approach toward building the team- offense, defense, ST's.

Winning a game or two without a real chance for the playoffs does nothing toward achieving the above mentioned goals. Being higher in the draft doesn't guarantee a marquee player. A higher draft pick does, however, guarantee more OPTIONS to better build your roster. Whether it be in the form of more choices of players or more picks.

I think all anyone is saying is let's play the long game to build a good foundation rather floundering around for a few "moral victory" wins over dump teams. Let the young guys play instead of the guys who have us at 1-4 right now.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I can agree with all of this, but my response was directed at comment that said just that - lose to get a higher pick.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Higher pick = more options.

But yes, you still have to evaluate properly and make the right pick.

4. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I'm not getting my hopes up...........again. If it happens, great. However, I've been burned by this P**** t may times to think that we'll win 3 straight.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Wow Foster smh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar