What should happen next at QB position?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Sep 17, 2006.

?
  1. Continue to play Kerry Collins. He'll come along.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Play Vince Young now. It's time to get on with it.

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  3. Play Vince Young, but do it after the bye week.

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Please don't play Vince Young this year if you can help it.

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Just wanted to see what you guys think should happen at the QB position following today's game.

Should we:

1) Continue to play Kerry Collins. He'll come along.

2) Start Vince Young. It's time to get on with it.

3) Start Vince Young, but do it after the bye week.

4) Please don't start Vince Young this year.

2. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Most people are going to say option 2, like me.

3. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Start Vince. Every QB that comes out of college doesn't absolutely have to sit and watch for a year in order to play well. VY has a ways to go but he gives us our best chance to win right now.

4. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

As to the answers you gave us to choose from, start Vince Young.

The best answer involves taking a time machine back to last spring and slapping some sense into Floyd Reese and Bud Adams before they kept McNair out of the practice facility. Oh yeah, and also firing our veteran linemen who forgot how to block and count after Bruce Matthews retired.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Fisher on Channel 2 said that Collins would start next week and Young will be brought in like this game

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Start Vince Young, just look how well Eli Manning and thus far Alex Smith have progressed from starting in their rookie seasons.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

When we are down 33 to nil?

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Alex Smith got thrown to the wolves last year on a team as bad as ours. With how he is playing now he doesn't look to have suffered the experience. It can ruin a rookie QB's confidence but VY doesn't look or act like it would hurt him. He seems to be able to put mistakes behind him & carry on playing.

IMO Eli Manning is an extremely inconsistent QB who doesn't look like he's improving. I can see the Giants giving up on him in 2 yrs. I have to admit I'm biased against him because of his brother but I think he wont make it as a starter in the long run. They've upgraded their line & brought in Burress but Eli still cant get it done.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Eli is a lot better then he was his rookie season.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The real option...

Start volek and use young intermittently.

Send collins to the glue farm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar