What should happen next at QB position?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Sep 17, 2006.

?
  1. Continue to play Kerry Collins. He'll come along.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Play Vince Young now. It's time to get on with it.

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  3. Play Vince Young, but do it after the bye week.

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Please don't play Vince Young this year if you can help it.

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Dude, did you miss the eagles game yesterday and Eli's numbers. Yeah I am pretty sure in a few years the Giants will dump this guy. He is pretty pathetic.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I'm assuming that's sarcasm, cos Eli looked pretty good against the Eagles. Not just throwing but also pocket presence against a good Eagles passrush.

But I digress. When going back are there really any quarterbacks who suffered because they started in their rookie year?
    I mean for all the beatings Carr has taken, he's still not a bad quarterback, he just plays on a really bad team.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

No in fact that game is exactly what I'm talking about.For 3 quarters he was like a rabbit in the headlights. He makes a habit of being off for a half or more & then plays like a superstar to pull out a win at the end.Not exactly confidence inspiring for the Giants.

His QB rating is over a 100 but watching him for a full game isn't pretty. If he could play a whole game like he does the 4th qtr the Giants would be unbeatable. Remember last year when he fell apart after week 8 & Tiki Barber had to carry the team.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, i suppose 8 sacks will do that to you.

seriously though, there have been a number of good/great qbs who have started their rookies years. peyton manning, eli manning, troy aikman, byron leftwhich, david carr.

alex smith has shown vast improvement over last year, and vince has already thrown as many tds as he did in his rookie year.

i know there have been an amount of busts who have played in their rookie years and failed too. but what you have to look at is the individual. the guys that fail usually hold out of camp or have attitude/leadership problems. if they are the right kind of player and leader, they should be able to work through it and eventually succeed.

mcnabb started 6 games his rookie year and looked awful.
    49.1% 948 yards 8 tds 7 ints a rating of 60.1.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I wish there was an option to keep doing what they're doing, whether it's with Collins or Volek. Collins certainly isn't our long term solution, but I think Vince is getting an incredible amount of benefit from the time he's in, while not having to take it all on his shoulders to start. Let him keep doing that for a few months, he can start in December.

6. I'm not ready to start Young yet, but I'd be willing after the bye.

I would however, let him play the entire 2nd quarter against the Dolphins this week if Collins doesn't look good in the 1st quarter. Let's see how Vince does against a defense when the game isn't out of reach.

7. Fry

that's assuming chris chambers doesnt make hill look like a fool in the first quarter.

8. Pac will be covering Chambers, presumably. It's Marty Booker who will make Hill look like a fool...

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

If you looked at yesterdays game you saw how he would react. When the game was still close he had the same look as Collins. Remember Fisher had to talk to him after a very quick 3 and out when the Chargers D was wrecking havoc. He played decent in the 2nd half when the game was out of reach. The Chargers D was called off. They went to more of a soft D to keep us from scoring. They gaves us the run knowing it took time of the clock.

The Chargers D in the 4th quarter played nothing like the Chargers D in the 1st half

10. Fry

we have been playing a left and right corner. hill lines up in the defense's left, that's the side chambers takes the majority of his snaps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar