What Should Titans Do at QB?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewHorizans, Jan 15, 2014.

?
  1. Draft a QB

62.5%
  2. Sign a Solid Free Agent QB

9.7%
  3. Fix What We Have, Locker can be the Guy

27.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I personally would like some of what you're smoking.

I just can't see a team offering a decent draft pick for a QB who can't stay healthy in any of his 3 years in the league. Especially one who's been average when healthy.

Remember, this is the NFL. Trades involving players basially never happen.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

If you think that a franchise QB is available at #11 then you take him unless you think that Locker is your franchise guy. If you aren't sure about Locker and aren't sure that a franchise Qb is on the board at #11 then you certainly don't reach for a QB. You wait and grab one in the 2nd -4th rnd. If you know that Locker isn't your franchise QB, then you do what you can to trade up and get a franchise QB.

3. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

Pick Carr at 11 and sign McCown. Release locker so he's not a distraction. Now you're set at a Qb for years. Draft rb in the 2nd. Release cj. Spend the rest of the draft focusing on the other needs. Start fresh with new coaches.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I'll take how to ruin a franchise for $100

• High Five High Five x 11
  5. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

No chance Locker gets cut. He is the cheapest backup possible coming off the last year of his Rookie Deal.

6. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Would like Garropolo in the 2nd but I don't see him being there come draft time. The competition would only make him and Locker better but more importantly if there is an injury we would have a more solid backup than Fitz.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. UCTITAN

UCTITAN Starter

just dont mistakingly say third pick. since we dont have a third. some over achieving homo fan will come on here just to correct you and make you feel better about himself not having anything else to do but cratle nut sack and look up every detail he can just to feel worthy.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Additionally we gain nothing by cutting him. His dead cap number is equal to what he makes. And if we do take a QB I do not think Locker will be a distraction. And if Locker ends up doing well we can always trade one of them.

9. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

More food for thought:

According to the National Football Post, three general managers with a "serious interest" in this year's quarterback-draft class compare it to 2011's.
    Per reporter Jason Cole, one GM added "except there’s no Cam Newton." Aside from Newton, the 2011 class included Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker and Christian Ponder. In other words, a bunch of flops. All four players went in the first 12 picks. Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater is generally considered the top talent in this year's class, followed in varying order by Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel, UCF's Blake Bortles and Fresno State's Derek Carr. With as many as seven QB-needy teams picking in the top 10 this May, reaches like 2011's are a definite possibility.

Jan 21 - 6:24 PM​

10. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar