What Should Titans Do at QB?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewHorizans, Jan 15, 2014.

?
  1. Draft a QB

62.5%
  2. Sign a Solid Free Agent QB

9.7%
  3. Fix What We Have, Locker can be the Guy

27.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'd rather us not use our 1st on a QB. As much as I love Jake and want him to be the guy I'm just not totally confident enough to believe that he can be that. Ideally he will be stronger than ever and ready to rock by training camp, but I'm still cautiously pessimistic. I don't think that we should continue as if he is going to be the starter. It would suck to be stuck in the same situation as last year because we had too much riding on Jake staying healthy.

Bring in a guy that can legitimately push Jake for the starting job. Not just another Hasselbeck/Fitzpatrick repeat.

2. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I think we are in a terrible spot qb wise. If Jake ends up not panning out, this team is still good enough to win some games. This takes us out of the running for a top qb again and Jake is run out of town. We are stuck with either reaching again, or taking a 2nd-4th rd qb in the 2015 draft. I would rather not draft qb this year because I feel we have other holes, but I think that's unavoidable. We need someone who can step in next year in case Jake flops.

The other side to this is if Jake plays well and we keep him as a starter we just wasted a 2nd/4th round pick we could have used to make the team better, and those are the picks Ruston is best with.

I see this as a lose/lose unless Jake flops and our 2nd/4th rd pick this year turns out to be a steal.

3. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Draft David Fales in one of the later rounds of the draft. I think he fits what I've heard Whisenhunt likes in QB's. That being said I fully expect Locker to be the starter week 1 for the Titans next year. I do still think Locker can be "the guy" but we should be done waiting around for that to happen.

4. titansfan80

titansfan80 Starter

And just think, if Locker didn't get hurt again and he finished the season as good as he started, we might have won a lot more games, and possibility talking about our team in the playoffs. BUT we would still have Munchak as coach next season due to him "succeeding" this season if we made a good run at the playoffs, AND Loggains might still have been our OC, AND possible Jerry Grey gone and Gregg Williams in...

Then we wouldn't be having these discussions, AND Whisenhunt could have gone to the Lions as their HC instead, AND Caldwell would still probably be out of a job...

AND we wouldn't have the opportunity seeing Andrew Luck suck in the playoffs...
    Plus a lot more than just that.

Look at how big of an effect Jake Locker getting injured has been, Its crazy to think about all the things affected by it!

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I honestly think no matter what we will Draft a QB with at least one of the 2014 picks. Its NEVER a bad thing to have QB depth in the NFL. Jake hasnt shown EVER he can be there all season, so its a guarantee someone at some point is going to play at least one game probably more.

I think if you have a coach who knows how to teach talented QBs, then a rookie makes more sense than a washed up starting QB. And as long as you pick the right guy, it always makes more sense. Of course it depends on the rookie, some 4th round guy would need to prove in camp and preseason he deserved to be 2nd, otherwise you have to keep Fitz or replace him.

6. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I said draft, but we need BPA with our first. If that's a QB that falls, great. If not, we need a playmaker, then pick up a QB in the second that Wiz likes. If there isn't anything amazing at our first, trade back a few and pick up a third.

And I hope Locker is the guy, I think he can be a solid Alex Smith game manager type, but he needs to stay healthy, which is still possible as much as some around here don't think it is. He needs to get smart about not taking hits he doesn't need to, and reading the D pre-snap. Hopefully that's something a new coaching staff can teach him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

option A. draft a QB. not in the first though, 2nd or 4th round. Locker stays this year and competes, while the rookie is the back-up. dump fitz, keep Wilson as the 3rd QB/PS.

8. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Hopefully this offense will have sight adjustments. Could save any QB a beating. Cant believe Loggains had no sight adjustments.

9. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Yikes!! If Locker goes down, or should I say WHEN Locker goes down, the rookie is then thrown into the fire, say he gets hurt. And you have the 'Project' running the show. Unless Wilson wins the job over Fitz or another vet. Wilson is cut or goes to practice squad. And you have Fitz who can put up points at time, and get a tone of yards at time.

I personally believe EVERY team should have a Vet as one of their 3 QBs. Got to have one solid experienced guy who knows how to learn and run a new offense.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Why does EVERYONE think that Locker is a game manager type?

In his ENTIRE career as as quarterback, what exactly stands out that makes you think 'yea, this guy isn't the type to take off and run or force a pass' on top of running people over.

STOP AND THINK

If he thinks he has a chance to score or pick up a first, he is going to do what it takes to get it. You can't 'coach' that out of a guy. You have a better chance of turning Cam Newton into a white man than turning Jake into a game manager.

• High Five High Five x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar