What should we do for MLB next year!?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanduck77, Apr 11, 2006.

?
  1. Release Sirmon

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Keep Sirmon, move to MLB

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Keep Sirmon at LOLB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Keep Sirmon as backup

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Switch to a 3-4 D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Draft Dwell Jackson

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  7. Draf Adbul Hodge

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sign Nick Greisen

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  9. Sign someone else (if so who)

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  10. wait and draft Ahmad Brooks Later

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metal957

metal957 Starter

D'Qwell Jackson easy as that

2. Slipjack

Slipjack Guest

Linebacker spot is deep this year. Take Tim Dobbins out of Iowa State in the 4th and draft a RB in the second.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

why draft a runningback in the second? that means we essentially spent two first day picks on runningbacks when you factor in the TH trade. that doesnt make any sense.

4. Slipjack

Slipjack Guest

TH is a toke away from being gone. Hindsight is 20/20. Several comments by the front office said we need a playmaker on offense.

5. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

We need to trade up and get Bobby Carpenter if were going LBer. They wont waste a 2nd on a player not playing that much in the middle. Carpenter can play inside or outside.

I think it will be a RB/WR/CB in the 2nd. I'd love to get White, even if we have to move up to do it.

6. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

Sign Greisen and use the 2nd rounder on another position.

And if we dont', I still think Hodge is a better fit for us than D'Qwell is. Our MLB won't be on the field during nickle and dime packages...he's not gonna stay in over Bulluck or Thornton either one, so his pass coverage skills don't need to be his #1 asset. IMO, we need more of a run stopping MLB. D'Qwell works better in space, not in traffic. I think he'd be a much better fit in a cover-2 scheme, even as an OLB. Hodge is much better in traffic, and is more of a pure downhill guy that still has pretty good athleticism. I just think he fits us better.

7. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I think White would be the only RB I'd want in the second. I PROMISE we won't draft a receiver in the second (Picked 3 last year, all show great potential.). I don't think we'll pick a RB this early. I do think that unless Henry/Brown have a great year, we'll be picking a RB in the first or second next year. I don't think we'll pick a corner in the second either, since we used our first pick on one last year and we got another starter in the seventh. I really like Jackson, and I don't buy this stuff about MLB playing only 25% of the time. Our MLB only played 25% of the time last year because he wasn't fast enough to cover. With D'Qwell, we'll have a solid rotation of linebackers we can sub in and out of the nickel. If not D'Qwell, I'd like to see a tackle in the second, such as Eric Winston or even McNeil if he fell. Just my thoughts.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You're missing an option. Just play Nickel package on every down....

9. Draft the best LB in the 2nd round!!

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

With the possability of getting a good o-lineman in the 2nd, I'm tempted to say keep Sirmon. Maybe draft a MLB in the mid rounds. Or do both of those.

I wish I could say Reynolds looked like a possable replacement, but he really didn't from what I saw. Maybe that just wasn't enough to go by, but I don't have any hopes for him being the starter. Who knows if they even try Spencer out at Mike.

Guess a lot depends on what transpires with Pete.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar