What should we do for MLB next year!?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanduck77, Apr 11, 2006.

?

what are we gonna do about MLB next year?

1. Release Sirmon

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Keep Sirmon, move to MLB

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Keep Sirmon at LOLB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Keep Sirmon as backup

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Switch to a 3-4 D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Draft Dwell Jackson

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  7. Draf Adbul Hodge

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sign Nick Greisen

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  9. Sign someone else (if so who)

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  10. wait and draft Ahmad Brooks Later

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LazyManJackson

LazyManJackson Starter

Lendale White has been slipping down most peoples mock draft, could be an early 2nd round pick.
  2. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

dont see why you think we need a running back.
  3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think we'll want to take a two-back approach for a while. One of our two is probably gone next year, so if you can bring in a guy who can be the guy in two or three years. Plus, Addai can run catch and pass protect. Perhaps the most balanced.

I don't know about Maroney and catching the ball or pass protecting, but he was decently strong if I recall.

I think the Titans would mortgage a future pick or two if they thought they could get back into round one to get DeAngelo Williams, which would be phenomenal. I think they could pair this year's second and a second or so to go after Maroney. Addai I think they'd wait until the second, but the Jets could like him, too.

The logic of taking a RB, particularly Williams or Maroney, is you're taking something away that the Colts need very badly right now. I don't think White slips past Carolina at 27. If we jump back in, we probably steer the Colts into taking a LB, especially if someone sees the RBs disappearing sooner than expected and jumps for Addai as the last decent option at the position.
  4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I don't think they'll be able to pass on White if he falls to us. Reese and Fish will have #27 running around in their head. Hmmm...is the #27 still open? Now that would be a sick case of deja vu, LOL. The thought of trading up for Deangelo makes me go wild. I live north of Memphis and he got plenty of press around. He's the ultimate team player and he always shows a lot of character.

How high do the draft websites have Addai? I could see us trading into the 3rd round for him, but I don't know about at 39. I can't say I know a lot about him though. If we did pick Addai/White/Williams, Brown is gone. He counts more against the cap than Henry, who just restructured for the vet minimum. I hate that because I think Brown is the better of the 2. Unless something big happens (i.e. White falling, trading up for Williams), I still think we'll take MLB or OT with our second pick.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.