What Some of You Have Been Waiting For, Mel Kipers 1st Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by OSUBuckeyesEG27, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KobeChaz

KobeChaz Guest

Hell, I'd be shocked to see them pick something other than WR in the first!

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Hard to believe with the great OTs in this draft only 2 go in the first round. If that were the case there would be a huge run on OL in the second round as teams try to gobble up the value. Somehow I don't see all those LBs getting picked ahead of Mathias Kiwanuka. Heck, I could see the Pats taking Kiwanuka ahead of Carpenter and letting him replace Willie McGinest as teh strong side OLB who in their 3-4 is much like a DE anyway. Besides pass rushing DEs are alot more valuable than LBs and LBs can be found in later rounds.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Amazingly Kiper has Ryans going #7 in the draft just after Hawk at #6. IMO that is a little early for two LBs in a row. He must really think highly of Ryans and some of the other LBs in this draft.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

There is so much value in this draft, I really wouldn't mind seeing us trade the #3 and swap 1sts and at least pick up another 2nd rounder. We could fill some serious gaps early on. I like the idea of Laron Landry, the kid is a player, that is late in the 2nd or mid 3rd.

scenario: trade out of 3 and pick up Cutler(maybe)
    Pick up another 2nd, take best LB(Ahmad Brooks, Abdul Hodge, Freddie Roach, D'Qwell Jackson, maybe Bobby Carpenter) on the board with first 2nd rounder and then best OL or Safety with second 2nd rounder. Just a thought.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think carpenter is a bilichick guy. he played slb linebacker and played de in passing situations at osu. if they do take him he'll replace willie mcginest.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Houston is gonna take a lineman right away, so cross at least 3 of your dream list in rd 2..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar