What the titans should do this offseason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by supertitan24, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supertitan24

supertitan24 Guest

the titans should spend some of that big salary cap money that they have. The titans should resign Haynesworth to a long term deal. Then they should go out and sign DE Justin Smith. The titans should also sign Crumpler, he would be a big target for Young. Then resign Jacob Bell. He's not the greatest OG in the NFL but he's pretty good and fairly young. Then TN should go after some one like CB's Drayton Florence or Eric Green. Then they should trade for MLB Vilma. Rumor is that he's going to be traded and he's a pretty good LB in the 4-3 not to good in the Jets 3-4. Then there is Pac-man. Just trade him for anything. I bet Dallas would give TN a 5th round pick for him. How does that sound. Now your ready for the draft. What would they need then. Maybe a center, OG, DT, and the number one priority is WR.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Welcome to the forum.

I believe Vilma isn't what he once was because of the knee injury. If he is, I'd love the guy. The Titans haven't had a difference-making MLB since Godfrey.

3. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

I dont think we should draft a WR. We need a proven one through a trade or FA.

4. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Welcome to the forum.

Anyways, I would rather keep Odom than sign Smith. Odom is younger, cheaper, and I believe more talented. Vilma would be nice but I like Fowler and would rather use the pick for a young guy. I would rather not spend on a FA corner. I would use a pick on corner in rounds 4-7 (we've had success with 7th round corners). Also, I would keep Pac because we will never get full value for him. Sure he's a headache but he's a Top 5 corner. I also would rather sign a WR than draft one. Stallworth or Berrian would be great. I also like Drew Carter as a project at WR. And we also have to get AH signed long-term.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

welcome new guy..

I'd trade Pac for some Advil at this point...

6. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

dang... I shoulda made one of these posts to get welcomed :suspect: :cuss:

I really like Odom... I hope we keep em. Sign a couple vets on the market, including Crumpler, and lock up AH... Draft a 1st rd level WR who is gonna be good (haha, that's like an oxymoron for the Titans). We gotta surround vince with weapons.

Pac has no trade value.. so no real need to trade him... I say allow him time to build up his trade value once he is reinstated. He isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, so we might not be able to do anything if he doesn't cooperate anyway :/

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Pac is worth more with us, than gone. Trading him would be about the dumbest move possible.

8. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Whoa.... Gloat and I agree on something. :werd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar