What Titans Player Do You See Doing Big Things This Season?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Jul 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

you know hes the only person with 2000 yards rushing and 500 yards receiving in the same season right.
    I know you said nothing as of late suggest he can duplicate that and maybe your right but with this line 1600 plus and 400 plus is very very reachable and we all know cj can catch a pass at the 20 and take it 80 yards any time. with cj I really believe nothing is impossible all it takes is a hole or two here and then and bam! stats will be there

again not saying hes gonna get 600 I think we have enough good receivers where that wont be necessary but 400-500 is not out of the question

2. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

"With CJ, nothing is impossible".....That's a good one, I'm going to use that one.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. 520

already copyrighted homeboy thatll be 10 moolah per use

4. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

Jake Locker. I really think he is getting downplayed by the media and not so much his play. He's started what, 10 nfl games, and he's already in the chopping block? I think this will be a solid year for him, and I think he'll lead us to our first playoff win in a while

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Assuming we don't flop from a coordinator and scheme standpoint, here is how I see it on D...

Morgan - He will show why he was drafted in the 1st round. I expect him to get to the QB more with press coverage and a more aggressive scheme. I also expect him to remain stout against the run and seal his edge effectively as he's always done.

Rest of the DLine - Casey and Martin are both future stars in my eyes. If Hill proves to be a good space eater (think closer to Big Al than Sean Smith for example) then Casey/Martin will benefit greatly and destroy G's 1-on-1. It will also free up the ends to reap havoc as well.

ATV - If he mans slot in nickel ala Finny in his last year, I expect big things from him. Key tackles, maybe some more strips, some ints... he's a beast there and I hope he takes it. The only reason this might not happen is b/c if we are moving to press they will want to keep Coty there as he is cheaper and will be around next year as well (for sure). I'd really love to re-sign ATV though, he's one of my favorite Titans. He actually reminds me a lot of Samari 'shake-rattle-n' Rolle. He might not be as good as him, but he's pretty darn close.

JMAC - I watched some film of him during 2011 when we had a decent D and he played really really well. I expect solid play from both CB spots. He could prove to be better as he's got the build for a number 1 CB in the modern game. I can't believe he slid all the way to round 7, what a steal.

LBs - If the D-line can absorb OL, then the LBs are ALL primed to have a big year. Look for Brown and Ayers to get to the QB while Colin serves as the tackling machine (hopefully forcing some good fumbles too). Brown can cancel TE's and rush the QB, Ayers can line up in sub packages on the line while also get his fair share of tackles. Our LBs are incredibly versatile and I hope Gregg gets creative.

Pollard and Wilson - Vet's who will lead by example. Pollard will help set the tone early and will thump everyone whenever he gets a chance. Wilson is the more technically sound guy and is solid in both pass and run. They both should contribute greatly to the success of the unit.

AND IF ALL THAT HAPPENS - Griff will return to form and press will blow him (figuratively) and he will return to the pro-bowl...

I started listing players, then realized our entire team (for this post, specifically our D) is FILLED and I mean FILLED with talent now. THERE IS NO REASON NOT TO SUCCEED. It just sucks that the most important position (QB) is the reason why I feel we might fail. There is a lot of faith in Lock here and since I've gotten GamePass again I've watched a lot of him, and he still looks like shyte....

(If i did offense, I'd pretty much list EVERYONE but Lock. Its really all on him and if he can't keep the O on the field, then all of what I said above won't matter. Any D needs to be fresh to succeed....)

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I'd much rather see him produce consistent numbers than a couple large catch and runs that pad the stats. But if we are talking only stats, then yea it's possible, anything is possible lol

7. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

turn on cj college tape he caught the ball very well at east Carolina. He has had a lot of drops that is a fact. But 600 receiving yards is not a reach. Be nice if we threw him the ball while he is on the move with screens. To often our screens are curls with him stopped. Again better line play should help everything.

8. 520

I agree im saying he can provide consistent stats but still on top of that get those long runs and passes to pad those

9. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

I agree. I don't see how anybody can really rate this guy yet. Give him a full season with a good OL and a defense that can keep the other team from scoring 40 or 50 points for Christ sake!

10. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Warmack will be a difference maker too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar