What Titans' starter would you like replaced?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You got high-fived for wanting Collins to GTFO?!?!?!?! WHAT THE... :grrr:

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

That's his job to pound the ball away, not be the feature back. He's shown time and time again that he's VERY capable of getting the short yards when needed. White has excellent vision and his feet are quite impressive for his frame. There's no reason to think that White should be the guy to make the move out in space, that's why the Titans brought in a CJ type player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwHpLfHzWl0

However, I do agree with Blue, his attitude is annoying at times. Although some of White's antics give the team a confident, swagger if you will that is so desperately needed at times.

"Identity of Theft" Classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsgSV5BDLO0

3. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

alge fumbler

4. t-rac_attack

t-rac_attack Camp Fodder

x1000

To whoever said Scott was the weakest on the line, you obviously never even paid attention to Amano AT ALL.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RohitTitansFan

RohitTitansFan TOMB Casualty

I think the LenDale hate is absolutely absurd...If you dont like him for his attitude, thats I guess understandable, its your opinion. But me personally, im fine with it, in a small market team you need a guy to be a vocal leader in the media, something to get people talking about us....He isnt a bad guy, ive met him before, I know he isnt a bad guy...He just likes to stir things up and have fun, and I have no problem with it..

And if you hate him because of his play, I dont know what you are watching.....He does exactly what he is told to do...Last season, he was outstanding around the goal line, good in situations where he was needed to give CJ a breather and in pretty much every game in which he got 15+ carries there was a spell in which he was nearly unstoppable...And he is the type of runner that thrives on more carries...There are some games where he had the game changing play, like the Green Bay game, we would not have won that game if it wasnt for that 54 yarder...Im not going to question his work ethic, he ran for 1100 yards on a torn meniscus, enough said...We would not have made the playoffs that season if he didnt step up...He was our offensive MVP that season...For those who say he isnt a power back and just falls over: Well, he will never be the prototypical "truck stick" running back, but what he does do is for the most part every time he is tackled he drags the defender an additional 2-3 yards, which is a valuable asset that is often times overlooked....For those talking about his fumbling issue, it was nearly a non-factor this past season, he took care of the ball well....That entire Ravens playoff game was just unfortunate, for everyone..Its overlooked a lot, but in that game LenDale had a great 2nd half...He made big plays for us moving the ball down the field...However, I think that game should just be tossed out of every Titan fan's spectrum, forget it...Now one thing I think LenDale of course needs to improve on is his fitness...I dont think its as big an issue as some of you think it is, but it would enhance his running if he got down to his listed weight of 235...

All in all, I think LenDale is a great football player and it would be a huge mistake if we didnt re-sign him after this season....He is a perfect complement to CJ....I think next season LenDale again leads the AFC in TDs and CJ will lead in yards.

In the literal meaning of this thread, I beleive Chris Johnson could be the answer...If it were up to me, I would start the game off with LenDale for 2 series before coming in with CJ, so that the defense is softened a bit...But thats just my opinion...Smash and Dash for life!

6. TTP77

TTP77 Unrestricted Free Agent

Amano and then Tulloch. Lendale White runs very close behind them. While none are horrible they can all be upgraded.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think everyone would agree that Kearse exceeded expectations last season, but the problem was that the expectations were Very Low... No one expected the freak of old, but we didn't get it either. We got a decent starter.

It's a great sign that it's hard to pick a starter to replace, because all of our starters are servicable. However, Kearse could be upgraded, so could Harper, so could Amano. I'm very interested to see how our draft comes out. We need back ups at depth at OT and LB, but who knows where we'll put that in terms of priority.

8. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

I don't think any one is really hating on the guy. The OP asked who you would replace at starter. He is just some peoples choice.

As far as a vocal leader, well, no I disagree with you. If he were more productive, then I'm sure more people would be okay with his occasional outspoken comment.

Goal line situations were about the only area he excelled at last season.

So give us an explanation as to why the F.O. couldn't put some random 2nd day draft pick in there to do the same thing.

In your opinion, why is Lendale the better choice over some random RB we can put in there?

I'd be willing to bet we could put Hall in those situations and he would produce just as well if not better than White.

2 seasons ago, yes, he was our MVP. But mostly because we had no one else to rely on. And no one is calling into question his toughness over the torn meniscus. Especially me. I have a torn one in my right knee, so I know how it feels to run on a bad knee.

The section in bold, well that's pretty much all he does. He gets tackled after about 2-3 yards into his run.

I realize that he has his moments, but for the most part him getting dropped after a few yards is what stands out the most over the last season.

9. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Yes that does prove we had great depth. Great depth that outplayed our starter.

What? Of course no team is going to attack one side and one side only. Even if this were fathomable I don't think he played that bad. Running over and over to one side would become very predictable allowing us to call plays to counter. This is the National Football League not some highschool team. Especially on our defense where we have more than capable players throughout. Could you imagine a team where every running play they ran off the right tackle? Over and over again? O.K well we're going to drop Hope down into the box, Harper is going to slide in, shift our linebackers. It doesn't make sense. I mean it's one thing to attack a guy in the secondary.

I don't really know what you're saying here. If it's that he played as well as an injured KVB then i'd say that isn't very good at all.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Simple...

McAlister wants to start...not backup. And he wants starter money...noy backup money. Same with Samari....although I think he might have hurt himself (money-wise) getting himself cut and then having to go back to them.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar