What to do 'bout the O line.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Oh, what to do 'bout the O line. We've got a little money and apparently an expendable running back. Should we bring back Hopkins at the minimum? Make a trade? Something really cool that maybe I've never even seen before? GOOD SIRS WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING! :whoop:

2. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

the only problem i honestly see is RT....but i think stewart and bell should be ok....maybe they bring in some competition, maybe not, who knows....but if i had to guess i'd say they go with the group they have now...

3. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I must say, I personaly don't see Roos as the "sure thing" at the tackle position right now but I'm okay with him starting. Stewart and Bell are good for depth but neither deserve to start on the right side. It's all fun and games to talk about "Let's get Lelie!" and "Collins v Maddox" but the tempo of the game is decided by the O line.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I thought there were some prospects in the draft that looked good. I have doubts about both Bell and Big Country from what I've seen. But it may be either too early or too little to go by for both those guys.

Maybe we could trade Brown for Hutchison.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Don't we have some young unproven types? Guys we have drafted and sat as backups?

6. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Yep. Stewart and Loper have had a year of coaching and practice.

I say let us see what they can do.

Doubts? They have to start somewhere, or not play at all. We don't have the luxury of grabbing proven starters in all positions, and I don't think it would be a good thing if we tried. Embrace the youth movement!

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Yeah I can have doubts about Bell and Stewart. Bell tends to get pushed around easily. Happened a lot his rookie year. I recently rewatched some of him from last year, same thing. He looked pretty good when moving (maybe a little slower last year)....he looked bad a lot of times with a big defender rushing him. I don't see how Hartwig got that rap and Bell hasn't.

Stewart looked like he was stuck in mud in college, in the SR Bowl, and what little we've seen of him as a Titan.

Maybe these things can be fixed, maybe not.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I would say Bell, Stewart and Loper will fight it out, if none of them impress then we will sign a Vet Free Agent.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

hartwig: three year starter who didnt improve much in the bull rushing department.

bell: rookie who started 15 games coming from a small school and then coming of off a torn acl.

there's a bit of a difference there.

10. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I will be surprised if the OL is not a lot better. Hopkins gone=addition by subtraction, Hartwig gone Mawua (sp?) = big improvment. Roos I like and will only get better and better. I like the idea of a big Russian Left tackle.:grrr:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar