What to do 'bout the O line.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Mawae is as good as they come when he's been healthy. Before he got injured though, his play had dropped off from Pro Bowl caliber. Was that due to an injury or age?

Hopkins was done and should not be brought back. But in terms of this year vs last year, you'd have to compare Hopkins vs whoever starts at RT this year....

Here's the thing. Roos will still have a learning year at LT. Whomever comes in at RT will have a learning year there. Having two young and inexperienced tackles (at their new positions) is gonna ask a lot of your OC (to protect one side with a TE or RB in pass protection) and your QB (who's gonna take more shots). With a relatively fragile QB and Mauck as the only real backup, this is a DANGEROUS recipe if you're trying to have a .500 or better record.

The only thing going for us is that we have 3 guys fighting for the RT spot so hopefully one of them steps up. If we can re-establish a dominant inside running game, this can take a LOT of heat off our tackles in pass protection and we can be more of a dominant running and playaction pass team (hopefully with a strong defense)!!!

Gut

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Yeah I know there is, but it seems as if no one noticed that problem in 04. Many just seemed to see highlight plays where he wiped out a LB when he pulled. Until he improves against a bull rush, he has that rap from me. And I hope he can improve.

3. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

imo....i think the O-line will be drastically better than last year....

4. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Couldn't agree more. Obviously the tackle positiion is our biggest question mark this year. ON BOTH SIDES. Volek deserves a fair chance to succeed. Protecting him and sitting Young (and Mauck) should be priority one this year. Though I'm amped as all get up to see Young on the field, We sure as hell don't wanna NEED him out there!

As for the inside running game, how do you think the addition of White and the trading of Brown will affect that.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

We should get this guy and line him up at RT...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Good god, you've lost your mind.:ha:

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't think he ever had it. :brow:

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

My concern is the OG play which IMO last year was terrible. If what we want to do is keep the ball on the ground and play old fashion ball control we need some guys who go forward and not back.
    It will not matter if White, Henry or Brown are getting the carries, if they are getting hit as soon as they get the ball we are not going to have alot of success.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar