Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

What to do, what to do, what to do....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $10,787
    I think the Titans are clearly taking a win-now approach. That's why they brought in the vets. That's why they are going the lengths they are to keep McNair another couple of seasons. But I don't see the Titans any better than .500 this season.

Having said that, you must invest in the future. You have to be ready to re-tool, especially at the QB position. To me, everything points to the Titans pushing for a Wildcard in '07 and being ready to challange in '08 and beyond.

Hopefully, the worst is behind us.
  1. LazyManJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $0
    I'm hoping for a .500 this season, that would be great
  2. Vigsted Starter

Moolah:
    $1,367
    Well, aside from Mawae, the "veterans" we signed are probably going to be around for a good number of years. I don't think it was a win-now signings, in that case we'd have seriously looked at Arrington and Law among others.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $10,787
    I agree. I didn't mean to imply an all or nothing approach. Reese said he wanted experience and guys with a future.
  3. TitanKid4Life Guest

well i think that our defence is going to be much much better this year, with those two new signings and our offense since we have another receiver that we can rely on to catch the ball beside bennet, i truly believe we can have a .500 season this year
  4. Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Moolah:
    $21
    we have a tough schedule this year.

.500 would be optimistic unless we have a standout like KVB this season.
  5. maximus Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Back when they gave Big Ben the keys, the Bus was in the mix as well
  6. maximus Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Man, I hope they do...
    Volek cant stay healthy...neither can McNair
    Volek hasnt proven himself a consitent starter....McNair has
    Volek, imo, is suited best for mop up duty, a couple of games here and there, and holding the clipboard
  7. Brian Big Fan

Moolah:
    $0
    Both. Start by offering McNair a two year deal for $12.5M
  8. Gut Starter

Moolah:
    $1,023
    A few major differences...

While the 94 Oliers weren't good, we had a smashmouth D and slowly built up the offense.

Here, we already have a ton of talent on D but don't have a good D - if you catch my drift - and we already have the pieces for the offense.

Based on that, I don't want to see us have a few mediocre seasons followed by a few good ones (9-7) but never making it anywhere because we never become dominant again.

Gut
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.