What to look out for in this weeks game...................against houston

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bongo59, Oct 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Fans....................remember back to that horrendous pre season game we played at Denver. All during the first half we got gashed on roll outs and bootlegs.................well Kubiak is running the same O in Houston and he is using the small passes on crosses to AJ like Plummer did to RSmith...................you will know by Q two if we did our homework this bye week..................AJ plays RSmith and AJones should have his toughest day next week. AJ is fast bigger and stronger than him and he has never matched up with him yet because of AJ's injuries.................I think the Texans will go to the air early and often this week and look to set up the run with the pass...................KVB and Odom and Laboy had better stay home.............same thing with both OLB................the texans have no RB who can hurt us at the edge like Denver does but AJ is their one mismatch. Should be a very interesting game.

2. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

Those misdirection plays hurt us in Washington also. At least in the first half. We played a more sound defense in the second half. Hopefully we will continue that trend. The Texans are high on this Lundy kid. At least now they are. And beating the Jags was the best thing that could have happened to them. They are fired up about coming to TN. They want to stick it to Bud of course, but they also want to beat VY.

I do believe if we pressure Carr the game is ours. He can't and doesn't handle pressure well at all. If we can force some mistakes on his part we should walk away with a big victory.

3. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

the Texans running on the Jags was not skill by Lundy but because they threw first and Mike Peterson loss is a huge blow to the Jags..............trust me every Jag fan knows their season is going to be awfully long with him out.....................I bet the Texans fall back to earth pretty quick................I think VY is going to really hurt the Texans edge D................I have seen alot of tape of the Texans and they have done some very interesting things over and over this yr on their DL that I think Chow is going to exploit..................infact I think they saw the same thing in Indy and killed them on it all day...............look for the special package this week they have for VY to be released.......................he is ready

4. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Carr passing game is very similar to what the 49ers did before Craig...........use the short pass to replace the running game................if they had DD or Bush they'd be tough................but the rookie TE damiels and AJ are having very solid yrs.................Moulds has really slipped.............I have seen him drop so many balls and he no longer has deep speed.............he is a pure possesssion guy now....................I really think the Titans are going to attck the edge in this game...............the only player on their D who is making plays all day is Ryans................and Mario is so QB sack happy he can really run himself out of position in his haste to get VY..................much like Freeney did.................I expect Henry to see alot of cutbacks and I think the TE's will play a big role too. The Texans secondary is terrible...................even Dunta has slipped badly...............but their safety play is really atrocious..................they make LT look good that is how bad they are.

5. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

When you have CC Brown Glenn Earl & Demarcus Faggins starting in your secondary, something is without question wrong :ha:

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

pacman did match up with him last year. he had 3 catches for 27 yards. i remember pac making a nice play in coverage against him.

7. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I'm looking out for Keith getting 2 sacks on Carr, Travis rushing for at least 200 yds and Pacman getting a pick.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

we been looking for Pacman to get a pick since he started last season.

9. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Sad but true

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Man, I am actually a little worried. Maybe thats a good thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar