What to look out for in this weeks game...................against houston

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bongo59, Oct 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he knows the leash is off, but he doesnt know that bell and stewart dont play next to each other...riiiiiight.

2. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

From what I understand, the offense was very simple and rudimentary to slowly walk Vince along. He has been studying and learning and his progress has impressed his Coaches. They aren't "unleashing" him per se, as much as giving him more options with the number of plays to run.

Sadly, it was beleived that he needed time to mature and grow. A lot of black qb's still live with this stigma. Vince wasn't given the same respect of readiness like Cutler and Leinart, which infuriated him and made him more determined.

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

No need to play the race card when trying to say which QB would be better prepared for the pro game earlier in his career. Young had a much lower wonderlic score than Leinart/Cutler. Young played the majority of his snaps from the shotgun in an offense that did not require multiple reads. Young has an unorthodox delivery while Cutler has a cannon and Leinart is a prototypical drop back passer coming from a pro-style offense. I see no where that race plays a role in which QB would be most prepared.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

He shouldn't have been discouraged, and it certainly wasn't a race thing. He ran a simple, shotgun-oriented offense at Texas. That's a transition for any QB, has nothing to do with color.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I also like how he says Pacman will be assigned to AJ, when the entire season our CB's have played left and right regardless of where the receivers lined up and I don't see why that would change against Houston. It's not like they have the best receiving corp we've had to face this year.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i would expect to see andre on the left side of the offense almost all game. that's what they did to the jags to get him away from rashean mathis and he ate brian williams' lunch all game.

7. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Fisher has confirmed what I said to the local and national media today...............they will give him the ability to make line calls this week for the first time and his full complement of O is in for this week including his own package and the two point conversion and 4th down run packages...............the gun will be fully loaded for him this week for the first time...............should be fun to see what he does with it ................

8. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

bongo! I AM SO EXCITED MAN! thank you so much for sharing the news me lad! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA! HEY, YOU GUYS , READ THIS AND MARK IT DOWN, THE TEXANS ARE GOING DOWN THIS WEEKEND! HARD! but bongo, please give us some more scoops ok, how excited are these guys with vince young now, and what is vince doing with them during practice to motivate them? what i mean but that , is is he joking around, and having them all listen to rap before the game like he did at texas?!

9. 4andershv

4andershv Camp Fodder

Wow! Kimberly has got to be the biggest Titan fan in the world

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

... or a pirate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar