What was "The Plan"?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Mar 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SARGO127

SARGO127 Starter

A trade back is needed now. We have too many needs.

#5 to Buffalo for #10/#44

#10 - WR Corey Davis
    #18 - TE OJ Howard
    #44 - ILB Jarrad Davis or Zach Cunningham
    #83 - CB Kevin King
    #100 - CB Cameron Sutton
    #125 - DE Daeshon Hall
    #164 - G Zach Banner
    #214 - S Josh Harvey-Clemons
    #236 - WR Artavis Scott

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Most consistent top teir teams build through the draft and use FA to plug some holes, build depth, and if the price is right maybe land a bigger splash talent. Like we did last year with Murray.

Any team that tries to buy a championship team through FA fails miserably. I like the Logan Ryan pick up, and if we land Hightower I don't know how anyone could be disappointed. The Jags kill it every year in March with no tangible improvement come Sept-Dec.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

I think 5 and 18 are going to be WR, CB, LB or TE. Don't see DT as an option mainly because there just aren't many great DT options in this draft. Would prefer Howard over a WR personally.

4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Plan was to drum up a ton of optimism within the fan base that we were going to sign top tier FA's but in all reality we were going to be a second wave team all along.

5. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

We have an upgrade at Safety. Opening week, we could start two good Safeties. We also signed one of the top 3 CB FA available. From the way my Raider friends are texting me, Bryden Trawick is not bad at all.
    Once my good friend JR signs Hightower, you will all see how the puzzle is going to go into place. Just know, when we sign Hightower, if we keep our 2 1st round picks, they will be for a WR and Howard.

6. 615nick

615nick Starter

Yes i am aware that in 2020 the cap will be about 25m higher than it is now. Yes, that does net us roughly mm8's contract. But, with the spending spree that these teams have been on in fa and teams blowing money to win now will result in much better fa pools as the years go on. I'm in agreement on that we are filling holes in fa and building thru the draft. But, when you have a lot of confidence in your picks, you have to hold a couple bucks back for those guys.

In reality what fa did we miss out on? Pryor, Jeffery, Marshall, gilmore, jefferson?

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I think the plan was to get top talent.

But, like sometimes at the bar, you go in looking for a pair of tens, and end up coming home with a six and her funky friend.

We pretty much struck out.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

its tough, i mean, Washington, Jacksonville, Philadelphia, always win March, dont win anything else. Unfortunately, we literally dont win anything lol.

I wanted Ramsey, I want Adams. Its obvious theres no way we go Adams at 5, so thats gone. My thoughts on defense are like with Franchise QB's. You cant just platoon a bunch of guys and manage. You need to draft playmakers. If we go TE in the first round, it'll be the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. We have an opportunity to add 2 difference makers to the defense. 1 of them needs to be the QB of the defense for the next several years.

I dont know what Jrobs plan is, or how off kilter it is after the first few days of free agency. I dont know who he didnt get that he was depending on, but I would not be shocked if he wasnt getting a draft day trade piped up to land some additional picks.

9. Carp

Carp Starter

Still plenty of time and plenty of options left on the FA market. More guys will get released before training camp as well.

10. Carp

Carp Starter

Pretty much zero chance our draft board will look like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar