What we know about Albert Haynesworth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

dude you are delusional

Campbell 4-12 .250 started all 16 for a team that was a preseason PO favorite.
    in his 4th season he had at best an average season, but arugably his worst season. JC has started 52 games and has only won 20. In JCs only PO game he rode the pine behind Todd Collins for cryin' out loud

Young was 8-2 .800 picking up the pieces from a disastrous 0-6 start from a preseason PO lock. In his 4th season he had easily his best season. VY has started 39 games and won 26 of them. Of course VY is 0-1 in the POs though, but he had to ride the pine for kfc in another PO loss.

Young may or may not fufill his potential, but at least he appears to be heading in the right direction

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Campbell with Dinger coaching and our OL with CJ might be pretty darn good IMO. Again, we aren't talking about MLB here. Looking at a guys win loss record is deceiving. Also if you look at Campbell's stats since coming into the league he has been better every single year he has been in the league. He had an 86 Qb rating last year. He is also only 28 years old, two years older than VY so saying he is a washed up QB with no room to grow and VY is up and coming is delusional.

I'm not saying the Titans would trade Young for Campbell and the Skins have McNabb now anyway. But Campbell isn't some pile of cow manure and VY a super stud by any means. Remember when using this win loss record as some kind of delusional comparison that KC was 13-3 the year before with the Titans. And KC's record included such WR studs at his disposal as McCreins in the starting line up and no Britt. I really believe Campbell could thrive in the right system with good coaching and good players around him. Unfortunately he has had a revolving door of coaches since coming into the league. I'd guess if VY had that scenario he would really struggle. VY struggled when Dinger came in learning the new system after Chow.

If you want to see the difference a change of scenery and better coaching does for a QB look at Kyle Orton. He had by far his best season as a QB after being traded to Denver, 3700 yards, 87 QB rating. Similar stats to Campbell.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

So instead of looking at VINCE YOUNG's numbers vs JASON CAMPBELL's... which are clear...

we back vince up by team stats?

The classic cop-out.

Is that how you measure guys like Andre Johnson vs Steve Breaston, too?

Again- this is what homerism does to us.

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Campbell sucks. Take it from someone who watched most of the skins games and ALL of the Titans games. Young is better than Campbell.

Campbell pretty much checks down every play, leading to a lot of stalled drives and not a lot of production on offense. His stats are inflated by garbage time. He was the least clutch starter in the NFL last season, I don't think he has any game winning drives.

I'd take Collins over Campbell.

btw, YPC means nothing in this situation. Campbell isn't a scrambler and doesn't have LB's spying him, the redskins don't have designed run plays for their quarterback. Young is being spied and does tuck the ball for 3 or 4 yards a lot, because thats usually all the play is designed to get.

And campbell played 6 more games than Young in a pass happy offense, so I don't understand why you think Young would be able to compete statistically.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

That's dumb.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

YPC doesn't matter?

Yes they do when Vince is known as a running QB and barely has more yards rushing than Campbell.

Even the one thing Vince does better than Campbell- he's barely better at it while Campbell isn't a running "threat".

And look at the numbers.

Campbell was sacked 43 times. Vince was sacked 7.

...hmmm... Think about that.

With Vince's offensive line Campbell would CRUSH Vince statistically...

-oh wait, he already does.

Campbell sucks. Fine. But he's still miles ahead of Vince Young.

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I can't believe people are saying Cambell is better than Vince. Also, what happened to the topic of this thread?

Vince Young had C- recievers his rookie year and turned the team around and made them contenders. Vince Young has only had a few bad games in his career. People forget that the year he got benched, most of it was do to how he performed in .PRESEASON. He only had one bad regular season game before being benched.

Vince Young wins. Jason Cambell doesn't.

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I agree with a lot of what you're saying DW. What's being overlooked is Vince's ability to take over games when needed, which he does from time to time, and he did this past season.

Campbell really hasn't had a fair shake at things. He's had numerous coaches, a horrible O-Line, and an unstable running game to back him up. Despite all that, he has made progress EVERY season. As long as the Skins give Shanahan a few years to right the ship, he'll flourish in Washington.

9. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Are we talking to the redskins or something anyone has any news??

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

ok then, at least show the whole picture.

last season Vince Young threw the ball 259 times for 1,879 yards. thats a 7.3 AVG.

Campbell through it 507 times for 3,618 yards. Thats a 7.1 AVG.

So even in the category Campbell is supposedly better than Young at, Young did better.

Young rushed the ball 55 times for 281 yards, 5.1 AVG in 12 games. Young was on pace for 73 carries, 375 yards.

Campbell rushed the ball 46 times for 236 yards, a 5.1 AVG in 16 games.

Young was just as effective as Campbell running the ball, even with opposing teams knowing as you said its his "skill" and game planning for it. I don't think any LB's were spying Campbell.

Young also had 2 Rushing TD's in 10 games vs Campbell's 1 in 16 games.

Campbell had 0 Game winning drives in the 4th Quarter or overtime last season.

Young had 4.

Broken record but, Young 8-2 vs Campbell 4-12. 26-13 vs 20-32. etc...

Young's a better QB, stats don't tell everything, especially when you spin them like you and I have just done. Most of Campbell's production came in garbage time blowouts. I honestly doubt you've watched many redskins games if you think Campbell is ahead of Vince right now.

Theres a reason everyone in DC wants him gone..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar