What will be the punishment for Britt?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 5, 2012.

?
  1. Suspended four games.

44 vote(s)
    49.4%
  2. Suspended two games.

33 vote(s)
    37.1%
  3. Suspended one game.

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  4. No suspension. Hefty fine.

9 vote(s)
    10.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Lets say Britt gets a 4 game suspension.After that 4 games is over can Britt come off PUP and be able to play immediately or does he have to stay on the PUP list a certain amount of time before he can play again?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If he misses that much time it's cause he's hurt, not a suspension. People keep thinking 4 games, but I think thats way too harsh for a first time offender.

I know he's been arrested 8 times before, but it was a bunch of petty nonsense. I say 2 games at the MOST, but I think he gets fined and nothing more.

He definitely needs to be suspended to learn a lesson, but I don't think he will.

3. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I've actually said this myself. I think if he get's over a 2 games suspension, I can see him appealing the decision. I think this could become very interesting depending upon how you define "Personal Conduct" vs "Substance Abuse". We all know that had this been a personal conduct issue he would receive a pretty lengthy suspension. However, who is to say Goodell doesn't say yes this is a substance abuse issue, but because of it's nature find a way to tie it into personal conduct.

I.E. you can probably argue that personal conduct spans substance abuse. If that happens Britt will be gone for the year most than likely. Again...I don't think that's the case, but you never know with Goodell.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Britt's timing for his screw-ups has been pretty good. He got of clean last year because it happened right after the new CBA. This time, he goes in when Goodell and the NFL are feeling some heat about the Vilma lawsuit. He might show a little more leniency.

5. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I sure hope so. I think with the talent we have now we can survive without him, but I would LOVE to see us at full strength sooner than later. I'm excited to see what this offense can put together!

6. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

you're definitely right on the good timing... freakin' wright's contract....

7. Don Johnson

Don Johnson Detective Sonny Crockett

Was he ever charged for this? I think a 2 game suspension at the most.

8. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

The thing is, this is a dictatorship, not a democracy. Britt's history of arrests will play a role, especially after a meeting they've already had last year. But it is not like Britt just killed somebody (Ahem, Donte Stallworth).

I see a 4 game suspension, which is pretty big for just a DUI, but apprpriate given Britt's history of dumba$$ moves.

And he probably won't even try to appeal because I think even before this little situation that Britt was not going to be a factor early in the season due to his rehab.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't see those prior arrests really mattering to tell you the truth. He had the meeting with Goodell for this 1 isolated incident, not the 8 from all the years before.

And since this is a federal matter, IDK if Goodell will be so quick to react. I really think dude lucks out again LOL, and it's nuts cause I'm almost certain he will.

10. Inaccurate Passer

Inaccurate Passer Starter

Hope he gets a big fat suspension so he can stop being a screw up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar