What will it take for Young to succeed in the NFL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansRuninWild, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansRuninWild

TitansRuninWild Camp Fodder

I have been thinking about what we are going to do after Kerry Collins is done. I think that Vince can and has what it takes to be a superstar at the quaterback position. Think about Steve Young, in that they are very simular in styles. He came in as a run first QB, then got blasted a couple of good times and started using is ability the correct way. He started using the pocket correctly stepping up when needed, reading defenses using what they gave him, and not just bolting 2 seconds in to the play. Also when the pocket did collapse he didn't just take off he used his gifts to evade and buy time for his receivers to get open. I am not sure but I think the average play takes 5 seconds and after that the coverage breaks down and they get really open. I mean your telling me that he can't improvise that long to get them open. I think if he did that instead of just taking off and took the time on the bench to really see how defenses break down and become a student of the game even remotely close to Peyton he would be unstoppable and we would have many championships in the future. What do you guys think? Can he do it?

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

two hall of fame receivers
    a probowl stacked offensive line
    Adrian Peterson
    an allstar filled defense
    a dynamic punt/kick returner
    and a superbowl winning coach

yep, I'd say that would just about do it..

3. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

What will it take?
    Nothing short of a paradigm shift for him. Hopefully Mac9's untimely demise will be the catalyst for that.
    If he starts at the foundation (i.e. his maturity level/mindset), and 'grows up' a little bit, I think his game play will fall into place.

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

If Jerry Jones couldn't do something very, very similar(sans the SB winning coach) for Romo successfully, I doubt Bud/Jeff would be able to do that for Young.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Wow steve young, peyton manning and vince young in the same post.

What is wrong with that picture?

Making a decision what to do with the football in three seconds or less is the difference between the good QB and the bust. You make it seem so easy vince just learns not to run so soon and becomes more of a student and voila domination! If that was all there was to it anyone could do it.

I don't see vince needed time to develop. The time is now and now he needs to produce.

6. TitansRuninWild

To "TheSureThing" We just got Nate Washington and Kenny Britt which takes care of our speedy receiver and T.O. type receiver b/c I beleive he's gonna be a monster.

we have a top 3 offensive line
    Chris Johnson is more explosive than AP and vince didn't get to play with him.
    Our defense si definetly a top ten and maybe better if some of the rookie cb's and the 2nd year def lineman pan out.
    And there is not a a better coach I would rather have than Jeff Fisher!
    I think that he just needs to learn how to take advantage fo what he has and turn it into helping the TEAM take advantage of it. And Maturaty is also a big key and maybe Steve passing can push him in the right direction, unfortunatly!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I don't think he really needed time to develop his game play, per se`. I think he needed a bit of time to grow up (which he didn't really have at the time). It was forced on him rather quick and he apparently didn't have the ability to grow up as quick as he needed to at the time. I'm willing to bet his refusal or inability (whatever you want to call it) to grow up quick hindered his ability to learn NFL gameplay and develop his game; it's almost like his ego caused a mental learning blockage or something. I bet, he gets rid of that childish ego, and his learning curve will go through the roof. I could be wrong though (but I hope not).

8. TitansRuninWild

To Rolltide,
    I know it's not as dramatically that easy to fix it but I think that those are his major problems: reading defenses, getting the ball out quickly to the correct rec. and when he does leave the pocket don't just run, buy time and give your rec. a chance to make a big play for you( mainly trust!)

9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I can't wait to see little DBs try to jam Britt at the line. They'll either have to play off a bit, or roll a safety over to help over-the-top, else he's going to find himself behind his covering DB quite a bit.

Same here!

10. Buck Nasty

Buck Nasty Pacman Smith

..and receivers that can make a catch will help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar